The Warehouse & Logistics Manager will be responsible for the day to day activity of running the inventory and warehouse operations ensuring that the inventory system is fully operational.
Responsible for the day to day operations of the Inventory team and ensuring the workflow and supervision of the team is effective and obstacles to the process are cleared
• Provide and analyse the transport and logistics costs and reporting to management board with required frequency
• Responsible for all aspects of inbound and outbound routing activities to ensure on time deliveries to warehouses and to the clients
• Manage extensive communications with fleet manager, drivers and procurement teams.
• work with the fleet team on continuous improvement or corrective action to meet or exceed service and cost metrics, goals and objectives
• ensure that all compliance issues on inbound/outbound logistics are adhered to including but not limited to licences, insurance covers etc.
• Maintain inventory of vehicle consumables and spare parts
• Lead and mentor a team of Logistics and fleet supervisors
• Create, manage and achieve the overall logistics department budgets
• Ensure Company is in compliance with laws and regulations regarding transportation, including hazardous materials. Resolve any legal issues pertaining to transportation/distribution
• Ensure Logistics Department complies with ISO 9002 requirements
• Maintain receiving, warehousing and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating and enforcing program operational and personnel policies and procedures
• Motivate, organize and encourage teamwork within the workforce to ensure set productivity targets are met.
• Oversee the planned maintenance of vehicles.
• Participate in personnel development at all levels through talent acquisition, performance management, providing opportunity for high performers, education, communication, expectation setting, and self-actualization
• Perform related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates
• Must have knowledge of fleet systems as well as proficient in handling 15+ trucks
• Having worked with Chinese trucks is needed as well as garage maintenance
• Proven management skills with the ability to optimize team performance and development
• Highly skilled communicator with the ability to form and maintain good relationships internally and externally
• Strong interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills, Customer focused
• Proven analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
• Strong planning skills with the ability to handle multiple projects through to completion and to manage competing priorities
• Project management skills
• Relevant business/commercial or manufacturing/engineering degree is preferred, HND, B.Tech. Professional Level 5 Award or equivalent NVQ Level 5 qualifications.
• Prior experience of working in logistics/supply chain/transportation function within the automotive or manufacturing environment with a comprehensive knowledge of logistics processes and procedures
• Expert knowledge of technical regulations related to logistics such as import/export and customs regulations, including security requirements to include certification in dangerous goods handling and aviation security
• High degree of knowledge and understanding of a variety of manufacturing and automotive processes and components and of supply chain management
• Strong IT systems knowledge and skills including knowledge and understanding of specialist systems such as Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Bill of Material (BOM) and customer data systems
• Ability to analyse and manipulate technical and complex data and provide meaningful information
• Membership of an appropriate professional body such as the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport would be advantageous
• Knowledge of lean techniques may be advantageous
Responsible for the day to day activity of running the inventory and warehouse operations ensuring that the inventory system is fully operational.
We hand-pick our favorites and send you the hottest deals every week!