COUNTY GOVERNMENT OF NYAMIRA
COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH SERVICES
The County Government of Nyamira has received support from USAID HSDSA cluster 1 project to strengthen its capacity in human resource for health. Consequently, pursuant to the County Governments Act, 2012 section 59(1) (b) the County Public Service Board of Nyamira invites applicants from suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions:-
3. HTC Counsellors JG ‘G’ (27 posts)
• Diploma in related Social or Health Sciences.
• Certificate in HTC counselling from NASCOP accredited institutions.
• Minimum KCSE grade C-(minus) and above.
• Must have been trained in current HTC Algorithm.
• Must be a Kenyan Citizen.
• Must have certificate in any health related course or social sciences.
• Experience in HIV comprehensive care centres will be an added advantage.
• Certificate in computer applications.
• Satisfy the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya.
Duties and responsibilities
• Provide confidential HIV counselling and testing to persons at risk for HIV infection as per Kenya HTC national guidelines.
• Conduct HTC using provider initiated testing and counselling, voluntary counselling and testing and targeted family testing approaches.
• Provide special group counselling e.g. couples, discordant couples, youths and adolescents.
• Address issues of behaviour change in relation to HIV and ART.
• Facilitate the delivery of HIV prevention information to clients.
• Provide psychosocial support and assist with linkage to referral services.
• Assess and document all referrals make follow-up and report on referral outcome,
• Compile and submit monthly HTC reports.
• Provide health education to outpatient clients as a strategy of mobilizing clients for HIV testing.
• Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Terms of employment: Contract
HOW TO APPLY: -
All applicants should submit their applications together with copies of their detailed Curriculum Vitae, academic and professional certificates, testimonials, National Identity Card or Passport, and any other supporting documents.
Applications should be submitted to: -
COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P O BOX 434-40500
Hand delivered applications can be submitted at County Public Service Board’s located in Nyamira Town MEA COMPLEX Building.
All applications should reach this office on or before 6th July, 2018.
NOTE: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
County Government of Nyamira is an equal opportunity employer. All are encouraged to apply including youth, women and physically challenged individuals.
Provide confidential HIV counselling and testing to persons at risk for HIV infection as per Kenya HTC national guidelines.
We hand-pick our favorites and send you the hottest deals every week!