REPUBLIC OF KENYA
COUNTY GOVERNMENT OF KILIFI
COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
The Kilifi County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions.
Department of Agriculture, Livestock Development and Fisheries
2. Principal Fisheries Officer J/G ‘N’ (1 Post) REF: CG/KLF/CPSB/ADVRT/72/08/18
Duties and responsibilities:
• Managing fish breeding programs, fish feeding formulation and pond management programs
• Inspecting fish handling facilities on the farms
• Ensuring compliance with existing fish/fishery products handling regulations
• Monitoring, control and surveillance of fisheries resources including conducting frame, stock and catch assessment surveys
• Identifying critical habitats and seasons for designing appropriate protection strategies
• Monitoring fish habitats for pollutants
• Carrying out, diagnosis, prevention and control of fish diseases
• Enforcing compliance of regulatory measures including licensing, closed seasons and slot sizes
• Promoting fish marketing and value addition.
Requirements for Appointment
• Bachelors degree in any of the following fields; Fisheries, Zoology, Aquatic Sciences, Natural Resource Management, Biochemistry, Food Sciences and Technology, Environmental Sciences, Biological Sciences, Physical Sciences, Chemistry or any other equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution
• Minimum Seven (7) years work experience
• Certificate in computer applications skills from recognized institution.
• Knowledge of Fisheries development and management policies, Fisheries Act and other related Acts
Terms of Service: - Permanent
Salary Scale: 53,370 – 79,530 p.m.
Other Allowances are as issued by SRC from time to time.
For candidates to meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, all applicants must obtain the following:
(a) Tax compliance certificate from KRA
(b) Clearance certificate from HELB
(c) Clearance certificate from Ethics and Anti- Corruption Commission (EACC)
(d) Certificate of good conduct
(e) Credit Reference Bureau clearance
All applicants MUST use the Application for Employment Form (KCPSB 001)
The form can either be;
• Obtained from the Kilifi County Public Service Board Offices OR
• Downloaded from the Kilifi County website
Applicants can choose to;
• Deliver the form to the Office of the Secretary; County Public Service Board at the Kilifi Complex Centre, Tuskys Building 2nd Floor
• Address it to;-
THE SECRETARY, COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
KILIFI COUNTY GOVERNMENT
P.O BOX 491-80108
Managing fish breeding programs, fish feeding formulation and pond management programs
We hand-pick our favorites and send you the hottest deals every week!