Training Course on Qualitative Data Management and Analysis with NVIVO
Qualitative research is the perfect approach to deepening our understanding of different phenomenon. In the recent past, a large number of qualitative studies have been carried out. This type research produces large amounts data in textual format. Most of this data is collected using field notes and transcripts. In order to draw inferences, a lot of rigorous and time-consuming work.
This course participants to lessen this burden by introducing them to NVivo. NVivo is a software with helpful features such as rich tech capabilities, character-based coding, and multimedia functions that are important for managing qualitative data.
The training targets participants who wish to analyze rich and jam-packed qualitative data including individuals from the following fields: Sociology, Education, Agriculture, Food Security and Livelihoods, Economics, Medical or public health professionals, and Nutrition, among others. No prior Knowledge is required.
• Create a project
• Create and use classifications
• Explore the function of NVivo
• Import and create sources – PDFs, media files data sets, documents, and social media
• Manage your project material with finds and collections
• Undertake deductive and inductive qualitative data coding using NVivo
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
Module 1: NVivo and qualitative research
• NVivo key terms
• Qualitative Data
• Qualitative vs Quantitative
• Sources of Qualitative data
• The NVivo Workspace
• Types of Qualitative Data
Module 2: Getting Started with NVivo
• Creating a new project
• Importing Documents
• Opening and Saving project
• Working with Qualitative data files
Module 3: Working with Codes and Nodes
• Browsing Nodes
• Creating a linked memo
• Creating Memos
• Creating nodes
• Memos, annotations and links
• Type of Nodes,
Module 4: Summarizing the Data
• Creating Attributes within NVivo
• Getting Results; Coding Query and Matrix Query
• Importing Attributes from a Spreadsheet
Module 5: Visualize your project
• Create models and graphs to visualize connections
• Create reports and extracts
• Display your data in charts
• • The participant must be conversant with English
• • Presentations are well guided, practical exercise, web-based tutorials and group work.
• • Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with an Authorized Training Certificate
• • Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
• • The course fee includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance and other personal expenses.
• • Accommodation, pickup, freight booking and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
• • One-yearpost-training support Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
• • Payment should be done at least a week before commence of the training, to DATASTAT CONSULTANCY LTD account, so as to enable us prepare better for you
START DATE: 04/09/2018
END DATE: 04/13/2018
APPLY ONLINE: https://goo.gl/CXXBks
Postal Add: 5402-00100
Head Office: Comet House 1st floor 12A, Along Monrovia Street
We hand-pick our favorites and send you the hottest deals every week!