Training Course on Processing and Analysis of Data for Surveys/Assessment (Methodology and Software)
Advanced technologies in the field of data science are creating a great opportunity for the improvement of decision-making. The number of data gathering initiatives in the developing world is on the rise with the use of such methods such as baseline surveys, Socio- Food Security Surveys, Economic Surveys, Nutrition Surveys Demographic and Health Surveys, Employees surveys, Program Evaluation Surveys, customers and vendor satisfaction surveys, and opinion polls being the most used. It is essential to involve and enhance individual human judgement in actual development concepts rather than just merely generating new insights from data.
This course takes this into consideration by empowering participants with the necessary skills for the production of accurate and cost-effective data that is useful and responsive for decision-making.
The training targets participants with basic knowledge of statistics from the fields of Economics Agriculture, Economics, Nutrition, Food Security and Livelihoods, Education, and Medical or public health, who intend to be conversant with the applications and concepts of statistical modeling. It is required that the participants have a basic knowledge of English.
• Converting data into various formats by te use of appropriate software
• Correctly identifying appropriate statistical test for basic analysis and performing them by the use of SPSS/Stata or R
• Perform simple to complex data management using SPSS/Stata/R
• Design and Implement universally acceptable Surveys
• Performing basic data analysis tasks using SPSS/Stata/R
• Performing simple-to-complex data manipulation using Ms Excel
• Using Google Doc and Google maps in the collabration and sharing of information
• Put strategies to improve data demand and use in decision making
• Using GIS software in plotting and displaying data on basic maps
• Write reports from survey data
• Understanding and appropriately using statistical terms and concepts
• Use mobile data gathering intruments such as Open Data Kit (ODK)
Day One: Basic statistical terms and concepts
• Introduction to statistical concepts and GIS for Researchers
• Research Design
• Sources of Data for Social Statistics
• Plannign, implementing and completing surveys
Day 2: Concepts and Software for GIS mapping, Data Processing, and management
• Data collections methods
• GIS mapping for Survey data
• Use of Mobile Phones for collecting and processing (ODK)
Day 3: Introduction to Data management and analysis using Ms Excel
• Exploration of survey data using Excel
• Limitation of Excel
• Tabulating and graphing survey data using Excel
Day 4: Quantitative Data Analysis using SPSS/Stata/R
• Survey data management
• Graphing survey data
• Introducing Advanced Statistical software (SPSS, Stata and R)
Day 5: Advanced Data Analysis, reporting, dissemination and use
• Introduction to panel data analysis(SPSS/Stata/R)
• Regression analysis (SPSS/Stata/R)
• Report writing for surveys, data dissemination, demand and use
• Statistical Inference (SPSS/Stata/R)
• The participant must be conversant with English
• Presentations are well guided, practical exercise, web-based tutorials and group work.
• Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with an Authorized Training Certificate
• Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
• The course fee includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance and other personal expenses.
• Accommodation, pickup, freight booking and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
• One-yearpost-training support Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
• Payment should be done at least a week before commence of the training, to DATASTAT CONSULTANCY LTD account, so as to enable us prepare better for you
START DATE: 04/09/2018
END DATE: 04/13/2018
APPLY ONLINE: https://goo.gl/cGvSGu
Postal Add: 5402-00100
Head Office: Comet House 1st floor 12A, Along Monrovia Street
We hand-pick our favorites and send you the hottest deals every week!