Ngare Ndare Abseiling Adventure
1st – 2nd April 2017
What is the Ngare Ndare Plan About ?
Ngare Ndare Forest is a lush indigenous forest at the foothills of Mt. Kenya. Azure pools glisten at the bottom of waterfalls. Over 200 year old trees stretch into the canopy supporting a rich variety of bird and animal life. The forest is a vital corridor that links the Lewa Wildlife Conservancy to Mount Kenya. Elephants have been using this vital corridor for centuries.
This trip will focus on the adventure activities offered at the conservancy .The Key attraction is the azure pools that streak from a rock as the source. We will trek to this point as we enjoy the lush indigenous forest.From the cliffs you will get the chance to plunge into the clear pools below. Pure adrenaline action.If the adrenaline stuff is not for you, then an exciting swim at the pools will be amazing!
Ngare Ndare boasts the only canopy walk in East Africa. The one kilometer long boardwalk will give you a monkeys view of the flora and fauna below. The often black rhino, elephant and buffalo can be sighted from up there too.The climax of the adventure will be abseiling down the waterfalls on a rope! Our qualified instructors will be on hand to train this and ensure safety and fun.We will then proceed to a nice chill place in Nanyuki and camp overnight with a great bonfire to keep us company.
There is also Day Trip for those interested Charges KES 4200
What to Carry 1.Swimming costume
2. Sunhat/ Sun screen /Sunglasses
3. Water (At least 4 litres)
4. Assorted Drinks and beverages
6. Water friendly shorts and t-shirts for the abseil
7. Snacks eg. Crisps, biscuits, Sweets, cookies
8. Back pack/small bag for your items
9. Towel and toiletries
10. Identification card or passport ** Mandatory 11.Proper Comfortable outdoor shoes 12.Toiletries (Tooth paste,toothbrush,towel,soap,slippers and wash kit) 13.Light shoes to wear around camp 14.Sleeping bag
We hand-pick our favorites and send you the hottest deals every week!