The overall role of the Driver Guide is to welcome all guests coming from the airstrip, assist and guide them to and during their stay at the Camp. He will also bid them fond farewells on departure as per Kempinski standards. He / She has an in-depth knowledge of all transfer/game drive procedures whilst ensuring that the guest experience is perfectly delivered in line with the Kempinski procedures. Assists and ensures that all guests are handled professionally during pick up, transfer and game excursions.
Olare Mara Kempinski
Olare Mara Kempinski is a luxury 12-tented camp nestled at the heart of a privately- owned 33,000 acres Olare Motorogi Conservancy in Masai Mara.The camp caters to high-end international and domestic leisure traveler offering a classic safari experience surrounded by rolling savannah.Here, luxury meets the call of the wild where circles of trees, scrub and savannah form the habitat of some of the world’s most awe-inspiring creatures. Retreat to serenity, watch wild cats hunt their prey, take in the sights of languid hippos and get a chance to witness the phenomenal migration of the wildebeest in any of our 12-luxury tents.
· To strive to please the guest and promote the Camp services.
· To greet guests and visitors warmly with a smile.
· To assist unload the cars for incoming guests.
· To assist load cars for departing guests ensuring politeness and a courteous farewell.
· To offer any requested information to guests regarding Camp services and facilities as well as general information.
· To competently drive all marks and models of cars with specialization on 4X4 defensive driving
· To use, maintain and park Cars within set guidelines and standards.
· To ensure every guest on a game excursion gets the best of services.
· To check current day events and be up to date with Camp operations and developments.
· To respond to changes as dictated by the industry, Company or Camp
· To provide a courteous and professional service at all times.
· To maintain good working relationship as with departmental colleagues, and those in other departments as well as outside affiliates.
· To attend all training sessions/programs and meetings that as requested by the Camp’s Management.
· Perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve overall objectives of this position.
· To understand & respect the Camp as well as the Conservancy/National Park’s policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health & Safety ensuring that all potential and real hazards are reported and rectified immediately.
· To report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name tag at all times.
· Performs any other duties as assigned to him/her by management.
· Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time, depending on the need of the business and hotel.
Desired Qualifications and Skills
· Diploma in Tourism and Wildlife or related Course Certification.
· Valid PSV driving license with at least 2 years experience in a related field (Tourism).
· Basic knowledge of vehicle mechanical maintenance
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, a foreign language an advantage.
· Excellent grooming skills and must be well versed in professional and personal etiquette
· Ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with hotel staff and clients.
· Ability to operate computer and office equipment
· Proficiency in Excel and Word is beneficial
· KPSGA silver Tour Guide level certification/badge
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential.
Embrace an experience as individual as you are!
The overall role of the Driver Guide is to welcome all guests coming from the airstrip, assist and guide them to and during their stay at the Camp.
We hand-pick our favorites and send you the hottest deals every week!