Key Responsibility Areas:
1. Ensuring all control procedures set for procurement sections are always adhered to and reporting any deviation to the Managing Director immediately.
2. Monitor the delivery of all goods and services to ensure that items are delivered as per orders and advice user departments of any deviation
3. Ensure that all suppliers have gone through the prequalification processes before engaging business with them.
4. Manage the local and overseas buying process ensuring it is timely, efficient, effective and budget compliant
5. Ensure that contractual obligations to suppliers are met at mutually beneficial terms both to the company & to the supplier
6. Maintain sound and cooperative relations with other departments providing information and advice as necessary to ensure satisfactory service delivery
7. Ensure that there are sufficient stocks of consumable materials to mitigate against stock outs
8. Maintain effective relationships with existing sources of goods & services and develop other sources either as alternatives or to meet emerging or planned needs.
9. Lead the supplier prequalification exercise in liaison with department heads and ensuring results are communicated to suppliers. Always maintain the approved supplier list.
10. Coordinate purchasing activities and e.g. annual tendering process, whilst ensuring the company’s cost structure is protected and that we obtain best value for money on all supplies.
11. Negotiate with suppliers, raise purchase Indents, draft contracts with selected suppliers with approval from the Managing Director
12. Manage the international buying process ensuring it is timely, efficient & complies with all regulatory requirements.
13. Any other duty that may be assigned from time to time by the Managing Director.
We hand-pick our favorites and send you the hottest deals every week!