• Develop and implement a strategic sales plan that shall expand the company’s customer base.
• Identify and capitalize on emerging markets through in-depth market understanding.
• Grow sales volume and product mix by keeping current with supply and demand & changing trends.
• Develop plans to acquire and/or maintain customers through direct sales techniques.
• Direct customer accounts and relationship management including development of senior management relations with key customers.
• Negotiate with customers on pricing and other important matters – quality, delivery, etc.
• Engage with customers to discuss their evolving needs and assess the quality of our company’s relationship with them.
• Develop, coach and motivate the sales team to enhance their skill and ensure high professional standards are maintained and targets met.
• Generate and present periodic sales reports.
• Maintain data relative to customers and document customer interactions.
• Provide leadership on major issues facing the organization, working collectively with support managers.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Sales & Marketing or business-related field.
• Minimum five (5) years of sales experience with a proven track record of success.
• Proven ability to effectively develop and manage a sales team.
• Strong analytical skills and experience using internal and external data sources.
• Ability to combine and analyze reports for forecasting.
• Excellent communication, active listening, and collaboration skills.
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Innovative, solution-oriented mindset, ability to make quick decisions based on the situation presented.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Self-motivated, able to work independently and with a team.
• Entrepreneurial, with a strong drive to succeed and achieve targets.
• Supply chain knowledge will be an added advantage.
Monthly Gross Salary: Negotiable depending on individual skills and experience.
Career Level: Upper Mid-Level.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
Deadline: 29th February 2020.
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***
Our client, a global trading, logistics and distribution company specializing in the supply of chemicals and fertilizers seeking to recruit a Sales Manager. They are seeking to grow and expand their market share and are looking for a Sales Manager who shall champion their growth. The incumbent shall be based in Nairobi with occasional travel. The desired candidate must have at least 5 years’ sales experience.
We hand-pick our favorites and send you the hottest deals every week!