LOCATION : Head Office
REPORTS TO : Chief Executive Officer
JOB GROUP : NOC 3
JOB HOLDER : Vacant
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
• Conducting day-to-day activities of oil trading: include: track and monitor world market movements; accountable for making instant decision on selling and buying for meeting profitability and optimization targets;
• Sourcing, developing and managing domestic and international supplier relationships to ensure uninterrupted oil supply;
• Establish and sustain strong relationships with relevant industries parties and counterparties to develop business opportunities within the oil trading arena;
• Communicating trades of the day to the relevant parties agreeing prices. Negotiating contracts for purchase/sale of crude oil supply within limits of authority and optimizes crude purchases and trades around company assets;
• Negotiating and concluding market transactions on a spot/term basis according to guidelines given;
• Evaluating structured transactions for risk management providing market assessment for development of region's tactical trading strategy in accordance with risk management policies;
• Executing hedging strategies and developing analytical reports to assist in taking hedging decisions;
• Gathering and reporting competitive intelligence on underlying supply and demand forces impacting assigned region;
• Establishing and sustaining relationships with key suppliers/counterparties;
• Supporting trading strategies by using fundamental model analysis or trades with reputable counterparties that are back to back in nature;
• Coordinating logistical arrangements to ensure timely and cost effective delivery of oil shipments; and
• Coaching and mentoring direct reports to ensure excellent performance & effective succession plan.
• Master’s Degree in Strategic Management, Business Administration, Purchasing & Supplies or equivalent qualification from a recognised institution shall be an added advantage;
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Statistics, Finance or equivalent qualification from a recognised institution;
• Professional Qualification: Diploma in Business Administration, Purchasing & Supplies or other related field will be an added advantage;
• Membership of MSK or other recognised marketing professional body will be an added advantage;
• At least 10 years’ experience with at least 5 years’ experience at a managerial level in oil trading
• Proven intellectual leadership in managing people, operations and financial resources;
• High standards of personal integrity
• Ability to multi task & work under pressure
• Well informed on contemporary procurement issues and relevant legislation
• Team player with strong coordinating, communication & interpersonal skills
• Strong analytical skills & results oriented
• Strong interpersonal relationships
Candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity, and are thus required to submit clearance certificates from the following institutions together with the job application:
• Kenya Revenue Authority (Tax Compliance Certificate)
• Higher Education Loans Board
• Ethics & Anti - Corruption Commission
• Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct)
• Report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Evidence of on-going clearance is admissible subject to satisfactory results (presentation of a clearance certificate from the above institutions) before the selection process.
Interested candidates should send a detailed cover letter addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
National Oil Corporation
P.O. Box 58567- 00200
All applications including a detailed CV with copies of certificates, indicating current position, qualifications, working experience, current remuneration, names of at least three (3) professional referees and day time telephone number should be sent via email to [email removed]
Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted.
Applications should reach us not later than 17:00 hours on Tuesday, 04th August 2020.
Canvassing in any form will lead to disqualification.
National Oil is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the ideal candidate will be responsible for developing, utilizing, and maintaining models to evaluate oil trading opportunities to grow the Corporation’s sales through buying and selling oil for profits.
We hand-pick our favorites and send you the hottest deals every week!