Fashion Eyewear - Licensed and proprietary brands
OSME is looking for an Eyewear Sales Manager for expanding the business of frames and accelerate the eyewear distribution in the assigned channels.
The position requires a commercially creative, self-motivated & entrepreneurial spirited person with excellent negotiation skills, to develop and open up new channels, both mass market and traditional optical channels.
We are looking for a highly resourceful and well connected individual who can manage a large portfolio of Eyewear brands, in addition to open up new opportunities and bring new brands to the business.
Working for an already established, apparel or accessories (Eyewear, luxury goods , watches, cosmetics) business your primary responsibility will be to ensure the success & growth of all brands through analysis & the development of a top line strategic plan.
Your strategy and experience will include driving and managing business growth through effective sales which will deliver a direct contribution to the bottom line.
Be well versed in planning, forecasting and development to build sales and brand profitability as well as maximize customer satisfaction.
This position sits across retail and wholesale, therefore those with experience within either area will be considered
· Define prospects and activate sales
· Business planning, strategy and execution
· Analysis of all sales, by brand & channel
· Budgeting, forecasting and reporting
· Identify new retail and wholesale markets
· Setting and achieving seasonal sales budgets
· Liaise closely with the creative and marketing team
· Drive and review incentives schemes and sales budgets
Sales targets & Work planning
· Achieving monthly/quarterly/annual sales targets set for each assigned brand.
· Defining work plan based on sales cycle priorities and activities.
· Visiting assigned cluster of stores across the territory.
· Increasing the number of customers by opening up new qualitative “doors” in line with the brand distribution guidelines.
· Guaranteeing an effective visit planning in order to achieve KPI in terms of frequency of visits per store
In store responsibilities: maximize sell-in and sell-out
· Brand presence in store: actively managing and optimizing brand presence by negotiating and increasing brand visibility (on shelf and at window display).
· Ensuring adequate level of assortment: depth and width, facing, product display.
· Ensuring stock is at an adequate level in the POS of the assigned territory and support in stock management administration process.
· Checking that VM is in line with brand image and strategy, managing and ensuring the correct installation of Point of Sale collateral within each assigned store.
· Allocating adequate POP material to each store.
· In-store training to retailer’s sales staff and other relevant management levels regarding products, brand and marketing activities.
· Getting sales figures, analysing best and worst sellers.
· Developing a strong working relationship with clients (opticians/ department stores/ store managers and field staff).
Direct report to Area Manager East Africa, the position will be based in Nairobi.
Traveling, 25% of the time
Knowledge and Skills:
· Understanding of eyewear/Fashion/FMCG distribution business
· Good analytical & numerical skills.
· Proficiency in MS-Office
· Sales acumen, agility and speed
· Excellent communication (written & verbal) & interpersonal skills
· Excellent personality & presentation.
· Excellent selling and negotiation skills
· University degree
· Driving license
· Minimum 5 years relevant distribution experience in eyewear, FMCG, wholesale or luxury products.
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the above vacant position.
We hand-pick our favorites and send you the hottest deals every week!