The trading environment of the FMCG category is changing from a pure commodity approach to brand and image building. Key Accounts are slowly emerging, which will result in specialization and concentration of decision power. To gain competitive advantage and to enhance brand, volume and profit performance the trade marketing and merchandising organizations need to successfully implement EABL's trade marketing and merchandising standards. The role of the Divisional Trade Marketing Manager is to manage and direct the divisional Sales Force and other trade marketing assets in order that they achieves the brand, availability and merchandising objectives in line with the needs of the trade.
Purpose of Role:
The main purpose for this role will be to develop and execute a divisional trade marketing and merchandising plan which meets brand, volume and profit objectives for each trade channel and customer through the most effective and efficient utilization of budgets and manpower in order to achieve overall Sales and Distribution objectives.
TOP 3-5 Accountabilities:
1. Develop and implement divisional trade marketing and merchandising plan which meets the objectives of the regional trade marketing and merchandising plan and is in line with brand strategy and the needs of the trade.
2. Manage the implementation of plans for merchandising and promotion in the outlets in order to achieve brand, volume and share objectives and targets.
3.Manage the efficient and effective execution of a divisional trade marketing plan through on-job training, retraining, motivation and development of the Sales Force, in order that trade marketing and merchandising representation is superior to the competition in respect of both core and added value services.
4. Manage the merchandising of company brands within retail outlets in the division in order to ensure that availability is maximized in line with brand strategies and the needs of the market by trade channel and outlet type.
5. Establish close working relationships with the trade in order to gain high levels of trade support and loyalty whilst enhancing understanding of the trading environment.
6.Keep TMR’s fully informed at all times of objectives, progress and future Below The Line action plans so that effective planning and in-market activities can be implemented in a timely, efficient and effective manner
7.Manage Divisional Trade Marketing budgets and BTL assets for the division to ensure that trade marketing resources are secure and used in the most efficient and effective manner possible.
8.Provide trade marketing and merchandising information and reports on performance and customers to ensure that the National Trade Marketing Manager, Customer Service , Marketing and Brand Marketing are fully informed at all times.
9. Manage contracted retail outlets in terms of contract compliance, optimal maintenance and placement of company material.
10. Implement national presence marketing and promotion programs with optimum use of resources and materials in order to achieve the highest in-store visibility and sales performance for the key strategic brands throughout the division by gaining the active support of the trade through the Sales Force.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
· Approx. 2 years’ experience at a territory representative level in an FMCG company.
· Experience in people management.
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the above vacant position.
We hand-pick our favorites and send you the hottest deals every week!