Our sister company is an international leading breeding company focused on cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. For our Sales department in Kenya, we are looking for a Junior Area Manager.
Our organization grows and flourishes. This results in a fast-changing and, therefore, challenging environment. As Junior Area Manager, you sell our products at optimal margins to growers, distributors and agents. You provide support and information on product selection, planning, cultivation, investment issues and market developments.
Your tasks and responsibilities
· Keep current sales and actively search for new sales opportunities;
· Supporting and informing customers regarding product selection, planning, cultivation, investment issues and market developments;
· Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs;
· Sharing technical/green knowledge of our portfolio and new varieties introduced at customer;
· Linking pin between supply chain and sales: coordination and alignment on planning and product specifications;
· Deliver commercial input for selection processes in breeding. Follow-up and breeding programs;
· Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status;
· Contact person for retail management activities Africa: customer development- creating awareness in East Africa on new retail lines, ensuring bunches are getting delivered regularly and when requested to retailers, farms and unpackers;
· Bridge to finance: forecasting and budgeting, being the contact person for Holland and getting details from the Sales team;
· Marketing and branding within the office, shows, show house and open days. Liaising with the office in Holland.
· Relevant bachelor degree in Sales, Business Management or Horticulture/Agriculture;
· Proven work experience in a similar job, preferably in Horticulture/Agriculture;
· Good command of the English language, both verbal and written;
· Proficient computer skills in MS Office applications;
· Positive and proactive mindset, excellent interpersonal and communication skills and team player facilitating cross-functional collaboration;
· Well organized, detail oriented and able to work independently;
· Commercial mind-set and customer and service oriented;
· Strong analytical skills and familiar with data analysis and reporting.
Dümmen Orange has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers its employees plenty of room for personal growth and development. We have an informal and easy accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important.
Dümmen Orange is a worldwide leader in breeding and development of flowers and plants. Our annual turnover is around 360 million euro. We have more than 7.700 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to our Dümmen Orange success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. We take pride in our corporate social responsibility efforts investing in the health, safety, and personal development of our staff as well as in innovative and sustainable techniques.
Sell our products at optimal margins to growers, distributors and agents.
We hand-pick our favorites and send you the hottest deals every week!