Our client is Africa’s most trusted specialist in the provision of integrated risk solutions. Their cost-effective security solutions are focused on mitigating risk and enabling organisations to achieve their goals. Our client tailor solutions to meet unique needs, creating a safe environment in which to operate. The company is built around professionals who have extensive experience in dangerous and often chaotic environments, coupled to intimate knowledge of the cultural and regional peculiarities of their specialist country of operation. They are looking to place a HR Intern who will take the knowledge acquired in school and apply it in a professional setting in preparation of a career in Human Resources
· Organisational Design - Learning about the organisational structure, updating the org-charts, redefining job descriptions and tasks, streamlining reporting lines, and aligning roles towards achieving the organisation’s goals and objectives.
· HR administration duties - Immigration paperwork, Payroll and finance, Personnel Filing, Leave management, Employee benefits.
· Employee resourcing - Assisting in the recruitment, selection and onboarding of new employees, carrying out background checks and assisting in the induction process.
· Learning and development - Assisting in identifying training needs within the company, helping employees in identifying appropriate courses, keeping training records.
· Performance and Productivity management - Assisting in carrying out performance appraisals, setting KPIs, reward management.
· Employee relations - Addressing employee concerns, managing relationships between employees and managers, dealing with communication, disciplinary procedures.
· Labour Law compliance - Assist in ensuring statutory compliance and keeping abreast of any changes in policies.
· Current student or graduate in the field of Human Resources.
· Excellent working knowledge of MS Office, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
· Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Excellent report writing skills.
· Strong organisational skills.
· Ability to prioritize tasks and to meet strict deadlines.
· Ability to work under pressure.
Monthly Gross Salary: Kshs. 20,000 (Approx. 200 USD).
Position Level: Junior Level.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
Deadline: 20th August, 2018.
Applications: To apply, please submit your applications
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***
HR administration duties - Immigration paperwork, Payroll and finance, Personnel Filing, Leave management, Employee benefits.
We hand-pick our favorites and send you the hottest deals every week!