· Carries out inspections of workplaces and takes appropriate action to ensure compliance.
· Responds to and investigates concerns and complaints from workers/employers and takes appropriate action.
· · Responsible for the establishment of, and monitors the performance of, workplace safety and health committees.
· May participate in the delivery of related educational programs and disseminates information to the public.
· Assists in the training and/or supervision of new Inspectors.
· Performs prescribed industrial hygiene surveys using technical equipment, evaluates results, and takes appropriate action to ensure compliance.
· Prepares various reports, documents and forms.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
· Working knowledge of The Workplace Safety and Health Act and related legislation.
· Knowledge of enforcement procedures.
· Ability to maintain effective work relationships.
· Good organizational skills.
· Good oral and written communication skills.
· Knowledge of the interface between labour and management in the workplace.
· Knowledge of industrial hygiene survey techniques.
· Good supervisory skills.
Education, Training and Experience
· Technical training in the field of occupational safety and health or related area from a recognized institution of higher learning.
· Minimum of two years' experience in the occupational safety and health field.
Candidate should be registered and certified to train first aid and Occupational Safety & Health - OSHA. Fire Marshall training would be a plus.
We hand-pick our favorites and send you the hottest deals every week!