Botanical Extracts EPZ Limited is looking for a candidate to fill the position of a Quality Assurance Manager at its Extraction plant in EPZ Athi River.
Quality Assurance Manager
Primary functions of the position:
The QA Manager will ensure that all elements of the company’s operations are carried out in compliance with appropriate “Total Quality Management” principles and that all its products are manufactured and released according to appropriate industry/ customer quality standards and requirements:
The QA Manager will be reporting directly to the CEO and when required his deputy.
He / she will be required to discuss issues relating to operations and product quality with the Production/Factory Manager, the QC department and other department heads.
Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities:
· To ensure there are in place appropriate Health and Safety Management Plans, Environment Management Plans, and Product Quality Plans; setting milestones to achieve them and ensuring that targets are met.
· To establish the Quality Management Systems in line with regulatory, cGMP requirements, ISO standards and customer expectations.
· To implement the Company’s Management System certification targets.
· Communicate to the management and other stakeholders including customers, the regulations and guidelines that impact the company’s business.
· To ensure all activities are covered by accurate and up to date SOPs.
· To train all staff and create awareness of best practices, and statutory and regulatory requirements.
· To ensure that all the company’s practices are carried out in compliance with customer’s product quality requirements, national and international regulations, industry standards and codes of practice.
· Manage customer audits and ensure that ensuing action plans are implemented.
· Respond appropriately to any customer complaints.
· Ensure that all the company’s activities are carried out in compliance with all relevant Statutory Safety Regulations, Company Standard Operating Procedures and Good Manufacturing Practices.
· Oversee equipment, process and method Validation and Change Control to ensure that production processes are validated; changes made according to the appropriate procedure and that adherence to the validated processes are monitored by the QC department.
· Conduct vendor audits and vendor qualification.
· Review batch processing records, product quality certificates, batch disposition and product complaints.
· Monitor raw material quality to ensure that it complies with contracted specifications.
· Lead relevant investigations into all incidences or deviations involving quality, safety, health and environment.
· Liaise between the Company and relevant authorities relating to any Environment, Health or Safety issues that may arise.
· Ensure that the company operates within the legal requirements and has all the necessary licenses and approvals to operate legally.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· Excellent communicator.
· Detail oriented and well organized.
· Responsible team player.
· Ability to multi-task and support multiple priorities.
· Bachelor’s degree in Analytical Chemistry, Microbiology, Industrial Chemistry, Food Science & Technology or related subject.
· Minimum of 5 years Practical experience as a Quality Assurance Manager or Assistant.
· Must have the knowledge of hazard analysis and preparation of SOPs.
· Quality inspection, auditing and testing experience.
· Must be Mature, Self-Driven, Honest, Committed and a person who can work under minimal or no supervision.
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV to;
The Human Resource Officer
Botanical Extracts EPZ Limited
P.O Box 401-00204
Athi River, Kenya.
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ensure that all elements of the company’s operations are carried out in compliance with appropriate “Total Quality Management” principles and that all its products are manufactured and released according to appropriate industry/ customer quality standards and requirements.
We hand-pick our favorites and send you the hottest deals every week!