Longhorn Publishers Limited is a leading publishing company specializing in educational and leisure publications for the Eastern & Central African region, with subsidiaries in Tanzania, Uganda and Rwanda.
Longhorn has a business presence in Malawi, South Sudan and Zambia.
The business seeks to fill the following vacancies:
4. PRODUCTION ASSISTANT
(Fixed Term Contract) – 1 position
• 1 year Fixed Term Contract.
• Publishing Department.
• Reporting to the Production Coordinator.
The job holder will be responsible for ensuring that the company produces quality products that meet the company’s specifications and are delivered on time.
• Retrieving and verifying films for printing.
• Archiving films and ensuring the archives are properly maintained.
• Verification of digital files prior to final printing.
• Consolidating of books’ specifications for quoting.
• Maintain records of inbound and outbound items for the section.
• Facilitate approvals of artworks and printed books between Production and Editorial teams.
• Performing inspection of delivered stock to ensure compliance with quality standards.
• Diploma in Records Management/Business Administration/ Commerce or any relevant area of study.
• 1 year experience in a similar position.
Skills & Competencies:
• Problem solving and decision making skills.
• Effectively multi-task.
• Communication skills.
• Team player.
To apply, send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 17 August, 2018.
Responsible for ensuring that the company produces quality products that meet the company’s specifications and are delivered on time.
We hand-pick our favorites and send you the hottest deals every week!