The role holder’s main focus will be on ensuring that all compliance aspects of the company are appropriately structured and discharged and that all policies, procedures and practices are updated and well-maintained. In addition, the role holder shall also:
· Sensitize and train staff on compliance
· Advise the directors and senior leadership team on all aspects of regulatory compliance
· Act as the company’s Data Protection Officer
· Provide support on legal matters within the Company
Key Measures of Performance
The performance of this role holder will be assessed based on the achievements made on:
· 100% compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
· Efficiency of compliance policies, standards, & processes
· 3rd parties’ relationship management
1. Provide leadership in implementing an effective compliance framework including taking the lead in compliance governance oversight.
2. Collaborate with other Heads to develop relevant policies, procedures and processes and enhance existing ones; Develop compliance training materials and perform regular compliance training to employees; Monitor and report on employees’ adherence to Company policies and procedures, including by carrying out periodic compliance audits to ensure that standards are adhered to.
3. Examine, evaluate and respond promptly to compliance enquiries / grievances; Assess the effectiveness of the Company’s compliance framework and advise on measures to reduce compliance risk; Work closely with senior management to rectify any compliance gaps identified.
4. Assist in investigating anomalies and support internal investigations as well as report any suspicious activities across board; ensure that root causes are identified and corrected to prevent recurrence.
5. Monitor trade and transaction reporting, logging and resolving reporting issues by liaising with the applicable departments and third-party service providers.
6. Responsible for all regulatory reporting and approval across all products; Responsible for the completeness and accuracy of all applicable data required for regulatory report submissions.
7. Prepare and submit an annual corporate governance report to Directorship and Senior Management; Responsible for independent reporting to Directors on compliance matters including giving assurance on the manner the Company is handling any compliance breaches on regulatory requirements.
8. Taking full ownership of issues, tasks and ad-hoc queries, maintaining records and ensuring closure.
9. Keep abreast with new regulations relevant to the business; Assess the impact of legislative changes to the business; identify as well as communicate potential compliance risks; Recommend measures to take to ensure compliance and ensure that all units are duly appraised of these changes; Monitor compliance with the regulatory requirements prescribed by the authorities.
10. Discharge all the duties and responsibilities of Money Laundering Reporting Officer as required by the regulations.
11. Ensure that the relevant data protection and data retention obligations are being adhered to.
· A Bachelor’s degree in Law, Economics, Statistics, or similar field. Relevant professional certification is a mandatory requirement.
· Minimum of 7 years’ relevant experience working with a comprehensive understanding of legal and regulatory compliance. Preferred industries include telecoms and financial services.
· In-depth knowledge of regulatory environment and key regulatory guidelines
· Demonstrable experience in developing policies, procedures and processes and working knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 standards.
· Demonstrable experience in developing and implementing compliance frameworks
· Experience in engaging with government agencies on compliance, security, risk and governance issues.
· Strong organization skills with the ability to handle multiple projects.
· Process driven individual with high levels critical thinking.
· Great communicator who is able to easily communicate complex concepts.
· Possess strong senior stakeholder management and influencing skills, to engage effectively with others, providing direction and challenge where required and an ability to build and maintain relationships.
· General interest in sports betting.
The role holder’s main focus will be on ensuring that all compliance aspects of the company are appropriately structured and discharged and that all p
We hand-pick our favorites and send you the hottest deals every week!