CLAIMS ANALYST - ASSISTANT MOTOR ASSESSOR-(1800002T)
Job Purpose and Key responsibilities
The job holder will conduct assessment of accident damaged vehicles as well as valuations of vehicles for insurance purposes. They will also do internal verification of external assessment reports and re-inspecting motor vehicles and make recommendation for settlement of motor claims
· Attending to Clients who come to report for accidents
· Recording Daily check list for such accident vehicles
· Provide Claim forms and help Clients fill the forms
· Assess/Inspect each and every accident vehicles at Motor Center and at times to assessing vehicles outside Motor Center
· Invite approved garages to do quotations
· Prepare Engineer`s Reports for such Claims and those that are scanned from Head – office
· Follow up and vetting of all Repairs done in garages
· Attending to queries regarding unsatisfactory Repairs
· Confirming vehicle ownership with the RTC for all write off vehicles
· Vehicle valuation to all Comprehensively Insured vehicles prior to renewal
· Safety of client’s vehicles under the company’s custody.
· Issuance of repair authority to motor repairers
· Re-inspection of vehicles under repair
· Issuance of release letters to repairers
· Supervision of external motor assessors
· Review external assessors assessment reports to save the company on repair expenditure
· Handle customer enquiries and complaints relating to motor accident repairs
· Management of salvaged vehicles
· Valuation of client vehicles
· Promoting Britam - Brand on services related to Motor Center to all Clients who come for service.
· Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Key Performance Measures
STRATEGIC PERSPECTIVE KPI’S
INITIATIVES PERSPECTIVE KPI’S
OPERATIONAL PERSPECTIVE KPI’S
• Staff working in the claims department
• Required to liaise and work closely with the other departments as may
• Britam customers
• External Assessors
• Spare parts suppliers
• Insurance Companies
• Motor vehicle dealer
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required:
· Diploma in Automotive Engineering
· 3 years’ experience in motor inspection, assessment and valuations
· Good knowledge in motor vehicle insurance covers Good working knowledge in vehicle accident assessment and vehicle claims recovery
· Knowledge of insurance concepts
· Knowledge of insurance regulatory requirements
· Good understanding of asset valuation and assessment
· Knowledge of claims handling procedures
· Knowledge of Britam products
· Good communication skills
· Building Relationships with stakeholders
· Good customer and interpersonal skills
· Self development
· Good problem solving skills
· Able to Develops Others
1. Learning and Researching:
Rapidly learns new tasks and commits information to memory quickly; demonstrates an immediate understanding of newly presented information; gathers comprehensive information to support decision making at management level; learns from successes and failures and seeks colleague and customer feedback.
2. Working with People:
Shows respect for the views and contributions of other team members; shows empathy; listens, supports and cares for others; consults others and shares information and expertise with them; builds team spirit and reconciles conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well.
3. Applying Expertise and Technology:
Applies specialist and technical expertise; uses technology to achieve work objectives; develops job knowledge and expertise (theoretical and practical) through continual professional development; demonstrates an understanding of different organisational departments and functions.
4. Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations:
Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; exhibits high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains own quality and productivity; works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves projects goals.
5. Following Instructions and Procedures: Follows procedures and policies; keeps to schedules; arrives punctually for work and meetings; demonstrates commitment to the organisation; complies with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role.
6. Adhering to Principles and Values:
Upholds ethics and values; demonstrates integrity; accepts diversity; display individual responsibility towards the community and the environment; models the organisational values during every day interactions.
The job holder will conduct assessment of accident damaged vehicles as well as valuations of vehicles for insurance purposes.
We hand-pick our favorites and send you the hottest deals every week!