• Mobilize farmers to participate in economic activities along with potato, bulb onions, carrots, and Traditional African Vegetables value chain.
• Organize farmers into economic groups; capacity building of groups & facilitate their registration.
• Facilitate the transfer of skills, technology, and innovations for efficient production.
• Facilitate access to market, business development services and financial services for farmers.
• Submit weekly and monthly financial and narrative reports to the programme coordinator as required.
• Undertake regular market assessments to establish business relationships with buyers.
• Partnership development with key project partners.
• Responsible for financial resources of project in compliance with financial management.
• Establishing good relationships with local authorities in the sub-county & project stakeholders.
• Collect quality monitoring data in forms required and engage in learning processes.
• A minimum diploma in agriculture, horticulture, agribusiness, agricultural economics, business management, or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
• At least five years’ experience in implementing development, working with farmers in Agriculture.
• At least 3 years’ experience in agriculture production & marketing of agriculture produce.
• He/she should have experience in adult training approaches.
• Good planning and time management skills.
• He/she MUST have excellent report writing skills.
• Computer Literacy.
• Experience working in the horticulture sector is an added advantage.
• Motorbike riding license will be an added advantage.
Monthly gross salary: KES 50,000 (Approx. 500 USD).
Job Type: Contract.
Location: Meru, Kenya.
Level: Lower Mid-Level.
Deadline: 24th July 2020.
We endeavor to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
****Please do not apply if you do not meet the requirements of the job****
Our client, an NGO within the agriculture sector, is looking to recruit Project Officers (2) to run their Project in Meru county. The successful candidates will be responsible for implementing all field activities for the Project in Meru. He/she will mobilize farmers to participate in economic activities. He/she MUST have experience working with farmers & implementing development in the field.
We hand-pick our favorites and send you the hottest deals every week!