The jobholder will spearhead the product development process for both existing products and new innovative products from idea generation to launch, and post launch tracking to ensure that existing products continue to support the strategic direction of the Company.
Responsible for driving the digital innovation agenda of the company.
• Optimize existing products and services through research and reengineering with the aim of improving product marketability and profitability.
• Drive the Company’s innovation in the digital space with the aim of capitalizing on existing digital resources and building partnerships to achieve the Company’s innovation goals.
• Develop an innovation structure to drive the Company’s innovation agenda.
• Use market data/data analytics to drive decisions around product and service developments/enhancement; target market segments marketing plans, pricing strategies etc.
• Incorporate customer feedback in the development, review and enhancement of products and services.
• Develop comprehensive product manuals with the support of product partners, as appropriate, and work with the human resource team to schedule a product training program for all employees that is relevant to their level of use and interaction with the products.
• Prepare and execute a product launch with the Marketing & Sales departments as per approved business case / product development plan.
• Undertake post-launch reviews of all new products and services to assess actual market take-up against anticipated take-up.
• Develop, document and deploy a comprehensive and inclusive product development methodology and process for concept testing, development, market testing, system integration, operational risk management, regulatory compliance, commercialization and resource, skill, product knowledge issues, that is inclusive of all stakeholder participation and sign-off at each step.
• Conduct due diligence on all product ideas and proposals, develop a comprehensive business case on the investment requirements in terms of resources – financial, people, time, infrastructure, channels, licenses, etc. and anticipated returns in terms of revenue, market share, brand equity, thought leadership, innovation, etc. to determine a ‘go / no-go’ to the next phase.
• Brainstorm, investigate, source, research and create new and innovative ideas for products.
• Work closely with ICT Department to ensure that all products considered are based on new technology and can be seamlessly integrated with existing ICT infrastructure.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business
• Master’s Degree in Business Administration or Marketing will be an added advantage.
• Confidentiality & Professionalism: Ability to Maintain the strictest level of confidentiality and professionalism when dealing with information including but not limited to company performance, pricing policies, new products and marketing plans.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in product development with strong commercial aptitude.
• Technology savvy and able to innovate and “think out of the box”
• Agility and Passion for innovation.
• Always up to date with changes in market and Technology.
Salary: (Ksh. 150,000-200,000)
Our client, a leading insurance provider is looking to add a talented and experienced Product Development Manager/Innovation Manager to its team. The successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for coordinating and driving the research, development and implementation of product initiatives to develop the Company’s value proposition in the various markets we operate in.
We hand-pick our favorites and send you the hottest deals every week!