UJIMA Foundation for Training and Development is a training institute which gives access to the job market for orphaned youngsters with familial responsibilities. The goal of the Training Programme is to enable our Trainees to get a job and keep it while combining work and family life. Ujima is currently implementing its programmes in Kisumu, Nakuru and Mombasa counties.
• Willingness to learn and undergo our in-house staff Training Programme
• Through work or studies has a minimum of a diploma in monitoring and evaluation
• Understanding and experience in data collection, collation and presentation
• A strong Team player who is result oriented while facilitating the development process
• The position will provide support to the project team and partners to capture outcomes, change processes and project impacts.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Assist in reviewing and updating of M&E Frameworks for various projects or programs, particularly in the areas of performance indicators and measurement metrics.
• Support in the process, input, output, outcome and impact monitoring for various projects or programmes. This will majorly involve routine data collection, data analysis, progress reporting, project reviews, data-driven decision making, initiating timely corrective actions, making actionable recommendations, and support knowledge sharing and learning.
• Collect data on a regular basis to measure achievement against the performance indicators.
• Maintain and administer the M&E databases for various projects, analyze and aggregate findings.
• Identify and share lessons learned and develop case studies to capture qualitative outputs of the project or programme. Provide advice where necessary to the project team on improving project performance using M&E findings.
• Assist in developing, implementing, reviewing, updating of the project’s Performance Monitoring Plan, Monitoring & Reporting Tools, Work Plans, and Data Quality Control Protocols in accordance with project activities and timeframes as relevant.
• Support in designing, implementing and managing surveys, evaluation and research activities for various projects such as baseline surveys, mid-term evaluations, final evaluations, outcome harvesting, outcome mapping, impact assessments, market research, feasibility studies, etc.
• Develop innovative data collection systems – Mobile and web-based data collection platforms.
• Support in performing both quantitative and qualitative data analyses using scientifically and technologically sound tools.
• Assist in preparing quality reports for various projects, mostly progress, survey, evaluation and research reports. Produce reports on M&E findings and prepare presentations based on M&E data as required.
• Strictly implement the data quality control protocols to verify and enhance the quality and integrity of existing and new data in the project subject areas.
• Support in preparing Expression of Interests, and Technical and Financial Proposals for various consultancy calls and ToRs.
• Support in training and capacity building of the M&E support team e.g. Data Entry Team, Enumerators, FGD Facilitators, Field Supervisors, and Data Analysts.
• Support in documenting and disseminating most significant change stories/success stories/case studies of various projects undertaken by Ujima Foundation.
• Support with data visualization using infographics, photos and videos on reports, policy briefs, blogs, and other communication materials.
• Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Research, Monitoring & Evaluation Lead.
Key Qualifications & Experience
• A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in designing and implementing M&E activities and related activities such as undertaking consultancies in research, surveys, evaluation.
• Clearly demonstrate ability to successfully perform most of the aforementioned roles and responsibilities.
• Previous experience with quantitative and qualitative research methods.
• Previous experience with design and conducting surveys, evaluation and research (which includes developing survey tools, data collection, and data processing)
• Good knowledge and experience with statistical applications preferably SPSS. Having skills in STATA, SAS or R will be a plus.
• Experience with mobile data collection technologies e.g. KoBo Toolbox/SurveyCTO/ONA/AKVO Flow, etc.
• Good knowledge with data visualization skills using infographics will be an added advantage.
• Demonstrable skills in writing quality reports (i.e M&E and research related reports)
• Any relevant academic qualifications in M&E, Statistics, Economics, Research Methods, IT, social science or any related course(s) will be an advantage.
• S/he is expected to lead on data compilation and analysis, developing necessary tools and formats and building capacity of the team on monitoring, evaluation and learning processes. Ensure reporting mechanism and processes and provide compliance support to the project.
Reporting to: Project leader (Support office)
Workstation: Kisumu Field Office/Nakuru Field Office
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the above vacant position.
We hand-pick our favorites and send you the hottest deals every week!