Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity.
Handicap International is changing his name and becomes « Humanity & Inclusion ». HI, Humanity & Inclusion is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
For further information about the association: www.hi.org
Present in more than 55 countries, HI is composed of 2 operational directions:
The Women’s Integrated Sexual Health (WISH) programme is a commercial contract from DFID, to be implemented across Africa and Asia. It provides a comprehensive package of Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) , with a primary focus on increasing the number of additional Family Planning (FP) users according to the FP2020 definition, alongside reducing maternal mortality and improving access to safe abortion.
The Women’s Integrated Sexual Health (Lot) 2 Access, Choice, Together, Innovation and Ownership, Now ( WISH2ACTION Consortium ) brings together five internationally recognized leading organizations in their field, along with 11 IPPF Member Associations to deliver the WISH programme in the target areas of intervention.
Humanity& Inclusion is seeking an experienced candidate for a disability inclusive Reproductive Health (RH) / Family planning (FP) technical manager position to provide RH/FP.
You are a recognized leader in family planning? You have strong technical skills in FP/RH including on disability inclusive SRHR, strong project management skills, and prior experience working with staff and stakeholders across multiple countries?
This position might be good for you!
In this framework, you are responsible for:
· Strategic Technical Leadership on disability inclusive RH/FP
· Program management
· Coordination between countries
· Technical communication, Advocacy and policy influence
· You hold a Master’s degree in Public Health, nursing, midwifery or any relevant field
· An academic training or specialization in Family Planning /Reproductive Health is preferred
· You have at least 8 years of experience of progressively responsible work experience required, in senior project management role of FP/RH projects with similar scope
· You have a proven experience on Sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR), disability inclusive health focusing on excluding group’s vulnerable people and/or persons with disabilities
· You have strong analysis and synthesis skills
· You have the ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines
· A previous relevant experience on Disability, Gender and Age is desired
· You have a special ease at collaborative work and you like participatory approach
· You show a positive and constructive personality
· You master advanced writing capacities in English
· Startingdate:September; 15th 2018
· Lengthof thecontract: 2 years renewable**
· Employee status, according to experience:
· Status: position open to couples and/or families
· Housing: individual taken in charge by Handicap International
How to apply:
Only online by joining a CV and cover letter via the following link:
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the above vacant position.
We hand-pick our favorites and send you the hottest deals every week!