PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
HIV Service Delivery Support Activity (HSDSA) Cluster 1 is a USAID funded project covering Homa Bay, Kisumu, Migori, Kisii and Nyamira counties. The purpose of this project is to provide key clinical support to the Government of Kenya national HIV response with the overall goal of increasing access and coverage for HIV prevention, care and treatment services towards achieving the “90-90-90” targets.
We seek to recruit a Technical Advisor, Voluntary Male Medical Circumcision (VMMC) Services who will provide technical expertise, coordination and supervision of all Voluntary Male Medical Circumcision (VMMC) activities within the HSDSA Cluster 1 project area in compliance with national and donor guidelines and policies. S/he will provide oversight and leadership to ensure that the VMMC Scope of Work for the HSDSA Cluster 1 project is carried out to the fullest extent possible and to the highest possible degree of quality. The incumbent will provide oversight and leadership in collaboration with PATH and HSDSA Cluster 1 project management teams to ensure the successful planning and implementation of VMMC activities, including work planning, budgeting, support supervision, technical support and reporting, provide representation for the HSDSA Cluster 1 project and PATH at county and national VMMC forums, meetings and conferences as may be called upon. This position is based in Kisumu.
· Take the lead in planning, implementation and supervision of all planned VMMC activities within the project area, and ensure these activities are implemented to the highest degree of quality possible.
· Ensure key VMMC strategies implementation through supportive supervision and capacity building modalities, dissemination of guidelines and standards and implementing quality improvement and quality assurance initiatives.
· Provide overall technical leadership in the implementation of the VMMC service delivery component of the project.
· Coordinate the development, implementation and monitoring of costed project work-plans
· Oversee the integration of the project’s VMMC technical approaches for the achievement of successful project implementation using evidence informed, innovative and best practices
· Provide leadership in creating and strengthening community demand creation and referral networks between facility and community ensuring there is seamless implementation of VMMC activities.
· Take lead in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and other reports as may be required and submit these to the Senior Technical Advisor HIV Prevention in a timely manner
· Provide leadership in weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual project performance reviews, assessing progress in an objective manner in collaboration with C (SC) HMT
· Provide leadership for the VMMC component on Quality Improvement/Quality Assurance interventions at facility level in collaboration with C (SC) HMT.
· Participate in the donor progress report writing, continuation application and quarterly review report writing and presentation.
· Take lead in site preparation for supportive supervision and SIMS assessments and ensure recommendations are implemented at facility level by project team in collaboration with C (SC) HMT.
· Support coordination with C (SC) HMT on implementation of HTS service delivery work plans.
· Represent the project in technical forums and male circumcision taskforce meetings at sub-county, county and national level.
· Participate in any other duties as assigned.
· Clinical qualification (Registered Nurse, Registered Clinical Officer, Medical Doctor or equivalent qualification) with a minimum of 5 years’ experience providing leadership in implementation of VMMC services.
· MPH or other master’s degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
· Advanced trainings in VMMC service provision will be a distinct advantage.
· Hands on clinical experience in VMMC service delivery and technical coordination of VMMC activities.
· Proven experience and familiarity with MOH/GOK health systems.
· Excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills, capable of directing and managing change, effective delegation, inspiring teamwork and motivating staff and partners to achieve results.
· Computer literacy.
· Research experience, proposal and abstract writing will be a distinctive advantage.
· Ability to work in a complex project implementation environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
· Ability to lead a multi-sectoral team and support collaboration with multiple stakeholders
· Ability and willingness to learn.
· Excellent facilitation, mentorship, team building and coordination skills.
· Experience in public speaking and professional presentations.
· Field oriented and comfortable with a team approach to programming.
Must currently have legal authorization to work in Kenya.
PATH is dedicated to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the above vacant position.
We hand-pick our favorites and send you the hottest deals every week!