Pursuant to the Constitution of Kenya (2010) and the County Government Act No. 17 of 2012, the County Government of Kakamega invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions:-
C. DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION, SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
4. Position: Sub County ECDE Programme Officer – Job Group ‘N’ (2 Posts)
The officer will be reporting to the Head of ECDE
Roles and Responsibilities
• Overseeing, Coordinating, promoting and implementation of ECDE programmes, projects, policies general education programmes in the Sub County.
• Preparing and implementing of the ECDE strategic Plan, annual work plans and periodical reports in the Sub County
• Providing technical and coordination support to the stakeholders and partners in mainstreaming the ECDE in Sub County.
• Promoting awareness on early childhood needs and demands to local communities and parents.
• Conducting capacity building courses for ECDE teachers and other stakeholders.
• Developing and providing prototypes of appropriate resource materials to local communities and parents.
• Compiling reports and disseminating for technical review, facilitating a process to identify issues, challenges and innovative responses highlighted in reports.
• Organizing and sharing compiled feedback reports for improvements in project quality and partner support.
• Acting as a link to the Central Government, local agencies and communities on ECD Policy interpretation and implementation.
• Developing a sub County resource Centre for ECDE Programme.
• Prompt submission of monthly performance reports of the sub county in the following:-
• Staff returns
• Enrolments levels
• Financial and expenditure reports (capitation to ECDE)
• Attend all Sub County HOD’s meetings.
• Any other duty as may be assigned.
Requirements for Appointment
• Be a Kenyan Citizen and a resident of Kakamega County
• Bachelor’s degree in Education in Early Childhood & Development from a recognized University
A Bachelor’s degree in Education (Arts or Science)/ Bachelor’s degree in Arts or Science with a postgraduate Diploma in Early Childhood from a recognized institution.
• Certificate in Computer Applications
• A Certificate in Senior Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
• At least 3 (three) years’ experience at JG, ‘M’ or its equivalent and preferably as Education Officer or Head of a primary institution.
• Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results
• Possess excellent communication skills and
• Meet the requirements of Articles 10, 232 and Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010;
NOTE: APPLICANTS FOR THE ABOVE POSITIONS ARE REQUIRED TO GET CLEARANCE FROM THE UNDERLISTED ORGANISATIONS TO MEET REQUIREMENTS OF CHAPTER SIX OF THE CONSTITUTION OF KENYA 2010:-
• Kenya Revenue Authority
• Higher Education Loans Board
• Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
• Criminal Investigation Department
Copies of these clearances MUST be attached to the application documents.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should submit their applications together with copies of their detailed Curriculum Vitae, Academic and Professional Certificates, Testimonials, National Identity Card or Passport, and any other supporting documents to:
COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O. BOX 458-50100
The position applied for should be indicated on top of the envelope.
Kakamega County residents will be required to indicate their Sub-County and Ward of residence in the application.
Hand delivered applications can be submitted at the County Public Service Board’s Reception located at Former Provincial Headquarters, Block ‘B’ 2nd Floor on or before 14th August, 2018.
All applications should reach this office on or before 14th August, 2018.
County Government of Kakamega is an equal opportunity employer
Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
NOTE: Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Overseeing, Coordinating, promoting and implementation of ECDE programmes, projects, policies general education programmes in the Sub County.
We hand-pick our favorites and send you the hottest deals every week!