International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Position Title: Project Assistant – FAP ( Family Assistance Programme)
SVN No: IOMKCO/SVN/012/2018
Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G5
Type of Appointment: Special short-term graded, nine months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 15 August, 2018
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners.
IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Context: Under the overall programmatic supervision of the Family Assistance Program (FAP) Project Coordinator, and the direct supervision of the FAP National Project Officer-Team Leader, the successful candidate will be based in Nairobi and will be accountable and responsible for assisting the streamlining of applicant case processing and guiding family members on the German Family Reunification (FR) visa application process, which includes how to correctly complete the required forms and supporting documentation checklists.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Assist in the day-to-day implementation of the FAP activities and provide logistical/administrative support;
2. Provide excellent migrant service to applicants at all times, in full compliance with the Service Standards;
3. Communicate with the German NGOs and other external German stakeholders on FAP related matters in close coordination with the National Project Officer ( FAP) and FAP Project Coordinator as needed;
4. Provide accurate information in a timely manner to the German speaking representatives. This will include updating information sheets and visa requirement checklists in German; assisting with telephone and e-mail inquiries in German from applicants’ representatives (including requirements for submitting visa applications); and informing them of any changes to visa requirements or submission procedures;
5. Maintain high level of accuracy of data capture, by ensuring that the information collected and recorded in the case management system are correct, complete and updated at all time;
6. Make informal translations of documents, communication and meetings as needed;
7. Responsible for outreach to families and principle applicants to answer questions and provide remote guidance on form filling, visa requirements and general information;
8. Maintain records of all applications and contact with principle applicants and report these records periodically in a timely manner;
9. Maintain a professional appearance and migrant-friendly demeanour at all times;
10. Maintain positive working relationships with German Embassy staff locally;
11. Inform management of any problems or issues immediately and regularly make suggestions on how to improve efficiency and service;
12. Maintain a positive working relationship with staff members within the FAP and with external counterparts involved with the processing of this caseload;
13. Maintain and ensure confidentiality of all FAP-related matters, in accordance with guidelines and instructions;
14. Take active steps to mitigate fraud and malfeasance, and to monitor the integrity of records containing individual data;
15. Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Education: University degree or equivalent in Business Management, Client Services, Social Science, or related discipline preferred; or an equivalent combination of education, training & experience.
Languages: Fluency in English and German is required. Tigrinya and/or Somali is an advantage.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application by sending a Motivation Letter and the updated CV to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org referring to this advertisement.
Closing Date: 15 August 2018
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
NO FEE: The International Organization for Migration (IOM) does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, process or training). IOM does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank details.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and External candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy.
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the above vacant position.
We hand-pick our favorites and send you the hottest deals every week!