International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Position Title: National Project Officer – FAP (Family Assistance Program) – Team Leader
VN No: IOMKCO/VN/015/2018
Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya
Classification: National Officer, Grade NO-A
Type of Appointment: One Year Fixed Term, with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 15 August, 2018
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Context: Under the overall supervision of Family Assistance Program (FAP) Project Manager and direct supervision of the FAP Project Coordinator, and administrative supervision of the Head of Preparedness, Transition and Reintegration Unit (PTRU)-IOM Kenya Country Office, the successful candidate will be based in Nairobi and will be accountable and responsible for supporting the day to day management of the FAP unit and its staff.
This includes assisting the streamlining of applicant case processing and guiding family members on German Family Reunification (FR) visa applications.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Assist in the coordination, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation of all aspects of the project.
2. Ensure that all conditions in the project proposal signed between IOM and the German government are adhered to by the staff under his/her daily supervision;
3. Supervise, lead and build capacity of the FAP Migrant Service Assistants in order to implement operations efficiently and effectively;
4. Manage day-to-day activities in the FAP – ensuring smooth and efficient operations in close coordination with the Project Coordinator, including liaising with the German consulate representatives and other relevant stakeholders, as well as coordinating and overseeing logistical/administrative support as requested;
5. Monitor the implementation of operations, regularly make suggestions on how to improve efficiency and effectiveness and bring problems or issues to the attention of the supervisor in a timely manner;
6. Ensure an adequate level of staffing to perform the office duties, and ensure to timely arrange recruitment of project staff as needed in close coordination with the FAP Project Coordinator. Conduct the performance evaluation of processing staff and take relevant actions in case of underperformance.
7. Oversee the provision of the correct information on proper completion of application forms and questionnaires; streamline arrangements for receipt of applications including biometric collection; record, dispatch to and follow up on applications and return of passports to the applicants; arrange appointments for visa applicants who require interview at the Embassy, as required.
8. Responsible for the beginning and end of day reconciliation of all files and visa fees, ensure accuracy, timely accounting, reporting and depositing of all fees collected;
9. Provide excellent customer service to applicants at all times, in full compliance with the Service Standards.
10. Ensure data accuracy for all records in Nairobi and report these periodically in a timely manner as per donor requirement; maintain a high degree of skill in using IOM internal software platforms;
11. Maintain a professional appearance and migrant-friendly demeanour at all times;
12. Maintain positive working relationships with German Consulate staff locally and with local authorities;
13. Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with staff members within the FAP team and with external counterparts involved with the processing of this caseload.
14. Maintain and ensure confidentiality of all FAP related matters, in accordance with guidelines and instructions.
15. Take active steps to mitigate fraud and malfeasance, and to monitor the integrity of records containing individual data.
16. Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Education: University degree or equivalent in Business Management, Client Services, Social Science or related discipline preferred;
Languages: Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of German is an advantage. Proficiency in Tigrinya and/or Somali is an advantage.
Other: Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application by sending a Motivation Letter and the updated CV to the email address email@example.com referring to this advertisement.
Closing Date: 15 August 2018
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
NO FEE: The International Organization for Migration (IOM) does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, process or training). IOM does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank details.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and External candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy.
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the above vacant position.
We hand-pick our favorites and send you the hottest deals every week!