Pursuant to the Constitution of Kenya (2010) and the County Government Act No. 17 of 2012, the County Government of Kakamega invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions:-
C. DEPARTMENT EDUCATION, SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
6. Position: Head, Education Support Programme - Job Group ‘P’ (1 Post)
The officer will be reporting to Chief Officer, Education, Science and Technology.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Mobilizing resources for Education support programmes in the County;
• Infrastructure development funded by the County Government of Kakamega;
• Administration of Kakamega County Secondary Teacher Top-up Programme;
• Coordination of Kakamega County HELB Loan Scheme;
• Administration of Kakamega County Afya Elimu Loan Scheme;
• Administration of Kakamega County Ward-based Bursary Scheme;
• Developing partnerships with various stakeholders to improve status and management of Education support programmes and linking the stakeholders to the Ministry;
• Preparing and implementing strategic plan and annual work plans in the department;
• Preparing budget and procurement plans for the department;
• Providing technical and coordination support to the stakeholders;
• Preparing strategies, giving technical advice and guidance to Education support programmes;
• Compiling reports and disseminating for technical review; facilitating a process to identify issues, challenges and innovative responses highlighted in reports;
• Organizing and sharing compiled feedback reports for improvements in project quality and partner support;
• Supervising the design, development and preparation of Education support programmes for both normal and special needs in both primary and secondary schools; and
• Any other lawful duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Requirement for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, one must:
• Be a Kenyan citizen;
• Bachelor’s degree in Education from a university recognized in Kenya;
• Master’s degree in Educational Planning and Management, Project Management or Strategic Management;
• Have excellent interpersonal communication and report writing skills;
• Certificate in Computer Applications
• A Certificate in Senior Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
• Have at least ten (10) years’ working experience in management of national educational programmes;
• Demonstrate professional competence in work performance and be result oriented in execution of duties and responsibilities;
• Preference will be given to those whose written proposals were successfully funded;
• Have exposure in national educational curriculum development;
• Have clear understanding of national education framework, policies goals and objectives; and
• Meet the requirements of Articles 10, 232 and Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
NOTE: APPLICANTS FOR THE ABOVE POSITIONS ARE REQUIRED TO GET CLEARANCE FROM THE UNDERLISTED ORGANISATIONS TO MEET REQUIREMENTS OF CHAPTER SIX OF THE CONSTITUTION OF KENYA 2010:-
• Kenya Revenue Authority
• Higher Education Loans Board
• Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
• Criminal Investigation Department
Copies of these clearances MUST be attached to the application documents.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should submit their applications together with copies of their detailed Curriculum Vitae, Academic and Professional Certificates, Testimonials, National Identity Card or Passport, and any other supporting documents to:
COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O. BOX 458-50100
The position applied for should be indicated on top of the envelope.
Kakamega County residents will be required to indicate their Sub-County and Ward of residence in the application.
Hand delivered applications can be submitted at the County Public Service Board’s Reception located at Former Provincial Headquarters, Block ‘B’ 2nd Floor on or before 14th August, 2018.
All applications should reach this office on or before 14th August, 2018.
County Government of Kakamega is an equal opportunity employer
Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
NOTE: Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted
He will assist in managing, planning, coordinating and administration of County Youth Polytechnics.
We hand-pick our favorites and send you the hottest deals every week!