Mandera County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions as per the constitution of Kenya 2010 under Articles 176 and County Government Act No 17 of 2012.
DEPARTMENT OF FINANCE AND ECONOMIC PLANNING
12. DIRECTOR ECONOMIC PLANNING AND STATISTICS – JG ‘R’ ONE (1)
POST: REF MCG/CPSB/FEP/2018/08/12
Duties and responsibilities
• Co-ordination and formulation of County development strategies, policies and programs;
• Responsible for County Economic Planning and other County Ministries and for collation and presentation of statistical data inform of survey reports or bulletin in the County;
• Preparation of County Development plans;
• Monitoring and evaluation of policies and programs in the County;
• Formulation, co-ordination of strategies, policies and programs for the harmonious development of the economic sectors, carrying out sector studies and research, monitoring changes in key indicators of sectors of Economics in the County;
• Direction of economics planning functions or production of statistical data at the County;
• Planning and management of human resources, projection of manpower needs and training to meet County Development objectives, population surveys and compilation of data for planning and social services, Manpower surveys and in conjunction with the Ministry responsible for employment, undertaking labor force studies and monitoring unemployment in the County;
• Any other duties a may be assigned from time to time.
Requirements for Appointment
• Have relevant knowledge, experience and a distinguished career of not less than five (5) years two (2) of which must have been in research using survey techniques and demographic techniques;
• Knowledge and experience in programme based budgeting, planning and financial analysis;
• Have a Bachelor of in Economist, Economics and Statistics, Economics and Mathematics or any other relevant qualification from recognized university/institution;
• A relevant Master’s degree will be an added advantage;
• Proficiency in relevant Computer applications;
• Satisfies requirement of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya 2010 on leadership and integrity.
For more Details concerning the above positions can be accessed from the County website www.mandera.go.ke.
How to Apply
Written applications, CVs, copies of Certificates, Testimonials and Identity Card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
Mandera County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 356-70300,
Applications should reach the County Public Service Board on or beforeThursday, 16th August, 2018 at 4.00p.m. or be hand delivered to the office of the County Public Service Board at Mandera Vocational Training Centre. No Online application will be accepted.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Mandera County Government is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women, youth and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
MANDERA COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the above vacant position.
We hand-pick our favorites and send you the hottest deals every week!