RTI International is one of the world’s leading research institutes. We work with governments, businesses, foundations, universities, and other clients and partners to improve the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 5,000 tackles hundreds of projects to address complex social and scientific challenges facing our clients and the people and communities they serve. Our experts hold degrees in more than 250 scientific, technical, and professional disciplines across the social and laboratory sciences, and international development fields. RTI works in more than 75 countries and maintains offices on four continents. Our headquarters is located in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina. Our dedication to innovative, objective research and technical services makes RTI an outstanding partner for clients around the world whose greatest challenges demand rigorous approaches and science-based solutions.
· Engage and build collaborative relationships with national AMR stakeholders including Ministries of Health, National Public Health Institutes, National AMR Coordinating Committees to ensure that project activities are synergistic and in alignment with country-level AMR surveillance goals, capabilities and resources
· Establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with target institutions to support implementation of AMR data collection and capacity building activities
· Establish data use agreements with target institutions
· Conduct national and institutional assessments of AMR surveillance capabilities, opportunities and challenges
· Ensure proper implementation and execution of data collection protocols established with national and district level institutions
· Coordinate effective data collection activities at target institutions including adhering to agreed timelines and data use and destruction agreements
· Recruit, train and manage up to 4 Data Entry Technicians to collect and enter data from a variety of sources and formats at target institutions into the electronic data collection tool
· Lead institutional capacity building in standardized data entry, management, analysis and reporting using WHONET and WHO GLASS
RTI is seeking Country Lead for various countries located in Africa including Ghana, Nigeria, Uganda, Tanzania, Kenya, Zambia, Malawi, Sierra Leone, Mali, Burkina Faso, Swaziland and Zimbabwe. The Country Lead will have a background in disease/health surveillance and be responsible for operationalizing country-level AMR activities. This position is contingent on funding.
Primary Location KE-KE-Nairobi
Other Locations GH-GH-Accra, ZM-ZM-Lusaka, MW-MW-Lilongwe, NG-NG-Abuja, ZW-ZW-Harare, SZ-Swaziland, UG-UG-Kampala, TZ-TZ-Dar Es Salaam, BF-BF-Burkina Faso, ML-ML-Mali
Work Locations Kenya, Nairobi
Job Project Management
Organization SSES Biostatistics & Epidemiology
Job Type Full-time
Job Level Day Job
Job Posting Aug 2, 2018, 1:24:39 PM
Minimum Education And Experience
· Bachelor’s degree and 10 years’ related experience; Master’s degree and 3 years’ related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Experience working in or consulting with National Public Health Institute, Ministry of Health or other One Health related national body
· Working knowledge and experience with national/local health data surveillance systems
· Familiarity with existing national AMR activities and stakeholders
· Experience working with an international NGO
Skills And Abilities
· Working knowledge of disease/health surveillance
· Proficient understanding of data management and quality
· Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to present and win support for ideas
· A good listener with cultural sensitivity, commitment to diversity and capacity to initiate and manage change
· Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels
· Mentoring/coaching skills
· Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel
· Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
· Skills in time management, personal organization, and setting priorities to meet project requirements
· Attention to detail and accuracy
· Ability to travel nationally and internationally
To apply please send your CV and cover letter . Please use Country Lead: Country applying in the subject line.
The Country Lead will have a background in disease/health surveillance and be responsible for operationalizing country-level AMR activities.
We hand-pick our favorites and send you the hottest deals every week!