Applications are invited from qualified person
ACTED is a non-governmental organization whose vocation is to support vulnerable population world-wide and to accompany them in building a better future. ACTED was created in 1993, is governed by the French law and has its headquarters in Paris, France.
ACTED Somalia is looking for experienced self-driven and self-oriented professional to fill the following post;
Position: Senior Office Manager
Contract duration: Fixed
Starting Date: July 2017
Main objective: Reporting to the Kenya Coordinator, senior office manager represents ACTED in Mandera and manage the office’s team so as to ensure that projects are fully implemented in accordance with proposals in, according to ACTED rules and regulations, and donor requirements.
1.External Representation in Mandera region
· Participate in official meetings in Mandera Region and engage with government officials to ensure streamlining of activities and programming with government strategies and priorities.
· Ensure that government and other stakeholders are updated on ACTED’ s activities;
· Contribute to the creation of a positive image for ACTED and credibility of the organization at the local level.
2.Internal and external communication / coordination
· Ensure that documents produced in his/her intervention zone meet deadlines and quality standards.
· Ensure that all internal reporting respects the standard formats and procedures.
· Organize the weekly meeting with all the department officer and produce the WAM report basis
· Organize the monthly meeting with all the department officer and produce the report monthly basis
· To coordinate the FLAT team in the field and area office for project implementation and organization base support
· Ensure that key operational information circulates properly, in his/her intervention zone and between the bases and the country coordination.
· Provide capacity building to implementing partner staff when appropriate
· Perform other duties as requested by supervisor
· Daily supervision of a team in Mandera district (Program, Finance, Logistics and M&E staff), including oversight on weekly and monthly work-plans;
· Undertake appraisals of directly supervised staff;
· Facilitate, organize, or conduct training for staff to follow correct FLATS (Finance, Logistics, Administration, Transparency and Security) procedures and program;
· Ensure regular area and base meetings and circulation of meeting minutes to relevant departments, including Coordination and capital Heads of Department. Send all minutes to the Coordinator for review.
· Work with management and support staff to comply with ACTED rules and procedures;
· Complete all other duties and tasks, in accordance with the functions and duties of Coordination as requested by the line manager or Country Director.
· Monitor the local security situation and inform Kenya Security team of updates and developments through written reports, memos;
· Coordinate with the Security Officer to update standard operating procedures and the Safety and Security Plan as necessary; especially daily and weekly movement requests
· Ensure security procedures are adhered to by staff;
· Ensure proper and rapid response to security incidences involving ACTED staff, property, or assets in coordination with Security Focal Points and Country Coordination;
· Coordinate with external stakeholders to enhance ACTED’ s security in area of operation.
· In collaboration with Kenya Coordination, supervise the key project staff in creation and implementation of work-plans, development of tools and other contractual outputs, and delivery on project activities
· Ensure coherency, linkages, and value-addition between ACTED projects within the area of intervention as well as with other external projects;
· Supervise Program team for accurate forecasting and expenditure for program activities;;
· Ensure that program activities are conducted in-line with expected project goals, objectives and methodologies;
· Coordinate inputs from Project Officers and other Project staff to ensure timely submission of reports to the capital office.
· Evaluate partner organization financial, administrative, security, and operational risks and capacities and communicate findings to the Kenya Coordinator.
· With the AME Officer, provide input and review of AME methodologies, terms of reference (TOR) and data collection tools for monitoring progress and outcomes of ACTED' s projects (including for baseline surveys, needs assessments, monitoring and project evaluations);
· Ensure accurate forecasting of AMEU activities and expenditures, in collaboration with AME Officer;
· Review AME reports and memos on AMEU activities;
· Participate in AMEU debriefs with field staff and monthly monitoring sessions with key Program staff.
· Monitor humanitarian situation on the ground and provide analysis and updates to Project Development Department and the Coordinator on needs.
· Respect and follow ACTED FLAT processes and procedures, and ensure accountable implementation of FLAT system and procedures in the Area and base offices;
· Support capital, area and field FLAT teams in proper and timely documentation review;
· Maintain regular communication with Heads of Department for proactive problem-solving, resolution of disputes, and clarification on procedures/processes;
· Work closely with all the departments to ensure the accurate and timely receipt of documentation and reports from the field offices to the capital office.
· Monitor field FLAT system, procedures and mechanisms and prepare reports and recommendations to Heads of Department in the case of irregularities or weaknesses;
· In particular, ensure compliance with ACTED HR policies and procedures in regards to recruitment, disciplinary measures, termination, and other areas;
· Perform any other duty as required. Requested Profile
Ø A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as International Relations or Development
Ø Extensive project management experience (management, planning, staff development and training skills) in emergency and/or development programmes
Ø At least 5 to 10 years of working experience in management position.
Ø Demonstrated communication and organizational skills;
Ø Ability to train, mobilize, and manage both international and national staff
Ø Flexibility and ability to multi-task under pressure;
Ø Ability to work well in unstable and frequently changing security environments;
Ø Willingness to work and live in often remote areas under basic conditions;
Ø Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office;
Ø Advanced proficiency in written and spoken English
How to apply:
Qualified persons with the required skills are invited to submit their applications with subject line;
APPLICATION FOR SENIOR OFFICE MANAGER _MANDERA accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae detailing three work related referees and contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org and received on or before 5.00PM on 26th July 2017.Please do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage. Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitments.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.