Minimum Qualification: Diploma in pharmaceutical technology
Level: Entry level
Experience Length: A minimum of 6 months
Work Type: Full time
Salary: Applicants to state expected salary in application
Job location: Nairobi, Nakuru & Mombasa(applicants to state their preferred place of work)
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Maintain pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level; Anticipating needed medications and supplies; Placing and expediting orders & Verifying receipts.
2. Responsible for removing short expired drugs from the shelves while ensuring the rule of FIFO is followed when dispensing and selling of stocked items from the pharmacy.
3. Adhere to infection control policies and protocols and standard operating procedures
4. Prepare daily reports per directives.
5. Adhere to the Dangerous Drug Act regulations.
6. Give out prescription medication
7. Measure medication
8. Label and give instructions for medicine
9. Work with other colleagues as a team
10. Perform other duties as directed by management.
11. Conduct weekly stock counts
12. Monitor storage condition and Checking of expiries
13. Arranging drugs in a required manner.
14. Dispensing drugs
Essential Skills for the Pharmaceutical Technologist
• Supply management
• Reporting skills
• Attention to detail
• Creating a safe, effective environment
• Quality focus
• Analyzing information
• Customer service
• Must be registered with the Pharmacy and Poisons Board
• Diploma in Pharmaceutical Technology from a recognized Medical Training
• At least 6-month experience post internship in a retail pharmacy.
• Ability to collaborate with other employees
• Innovative, courteous and self-motivated
• Excellent work ethics, punctual, proactive, flexible and reliable
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and general computer literacy
• Knowledge in sales and marketing is an added advantage.
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the above vacant position.
We hand-pick our favorites and send you the hottest deals every week!