14. COMMUNITY HEALTH EXTENSION WORKER JG (G/H) (15 Posts)
Requirement for Appointment For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
• Be a Kenyan Citizen
• Diploma/Certificate in community development, community health, social sciences, social work or any health discipline from a recognized institution
• Have basic computer skills
• Demonstrate understanding of and commitment to the National Values and Principles of Public Service Governance as espoused in the Constitution of Kenya 2030, Article 10 and 232 Duties and Responsibilities:
• An officer at this level will provide community health extension services
• Mobilizing, sensitizing and advising communities on matters related to community health services
• Referring health cases to relevant health facilities
• Identifying health issues at household level and working with community units to address these
• Supervise community health units and community health workers
• Organizing community health action days to advise communities on common public health issues
• Collecting and maintaining up to date records of community health services
• Planning and implementation of community health activities in the assigned area of jurisdiction
• Any other assigned duty
HOW TO APPLY:
All applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the top left side, indicating the position applied for and submitted to:
West Pokot County Public Service Board,
P.O BOX 577-30600,
1. Hand delivered applications should be dropped at the office of the County Public Service Board located at ASAL Building Kapenguria.
2. All the applications should reach the secretary on or before Friday, 25th January 2019 at 5.00 p.m.
3. Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original: identity cards, academic and professional certificates and testimonials.
4. County Government of west Pokot is an equal opportunity employer; women, youth and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
5. Only short listed and successful candidates will be contacted.
6. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
Online Applications can be send to:[email removed]
Pursuant to the provision of County Government Act , No. 17 of 2012 section 59 (1) (b) the West Pokot County Public Service Board wishes to consider applications from highly qualified results-oriented and self-motivated Kenyan citizens for appointments to the above positions.
We hand-pick our favorites and send you the hottest deals every week!