What You'll Do
You have previous country marketing experience and knowledge of the technology industry and will be expected to set the country marketing strategy whilst liaising with both country/regional Marketing peers such as the Marcom Manager, Digital & Social Marketing Manager, along with the sales and business key colleagues of the country. You will also act as the primary marketing interface to our partners where they are responsible for driving the planning, creation, execution of co-marketing activities and campaigns.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
Ownership, development, and implementation of the East & West Africa Country marketing plan to include:
· Lead the overall country strategy and plan with regards to communications, events, campaigns, etc.
· Work closely with key internal teams (sales teams, global and local marketing, solutions marketing, and technical experts) to provide a holistic country-marketing plan.
· Work closely with the Partner Account Managers and Commercial Sales Country Leader to build, use, and execute the partner marketing plans.
· Define and prepare the joint marketing plans with each P+ Partner as part of the overall business plan and country objectives.
· Lead the marketing strategy and execution within the country to drive optimal demand generation activities across all segments that will contribute to the sales funnel.
· Drive Sales/SE/Channel/Internal resources to understand the business opportunity, market positioning that will help drive pipeline in country
· Development and Execution of marketing programs and campaigns; using Global & EMEAR campaigns as well as rolling out local campaigns by scaling through partners and ensuring return on investment.
· Lead generation and management: growing the activity in targeted customer segments within and ensuring the proper mechanisms are in place for capturing optimal return on investment.
· Oversee, provide direction and establish a lead qualification and distribution process for both Cisco and Partners.
· Ensuring that Cisco improves promotional campaign opportunities (including conferences, seminars, research, sponsorship etc.), evaluating and tracking
· To be a Member of the East & West Africa Country Management Team.
· Management and allocation of country marketing budgets along with partner marketing funds.
· Drive usage and adoption of Partner Marketing Central (PMC) portal.
Who You'll Work With
In today’s hyper-connected, always-on world, brands are fighting for customers’ attention. Cisco Marketing’s vision is to be an innovative leader in real-time, personalized marketing and communication and we believe our opportunity to achieve this lies in creating unified, Omni-channel digital and human experiences.
EMEAR Marketing is made up of 8 theatres covering 121 countries across Europe, Middle East, Africa and Russia (EMEAR). Over the past three years this region has experienced a period of exponential growth and in the last fiscal generated $2B worth of sales leads. This growing region is at the beginning of an exciting transformation programme as it prepares for the next stage of growth and evolution. The Customer Stories and Customer Advocacy lead will support the region’s transformation by helping us to create a team of fanatical customers who want to share their Cisco story.
Who You Are
Skills and Abilities:
· A high level of energy, dedication, and a real passion for results; the ability to meet deadlines and handle numerous projects at once.
· Excellent stakeholder management experience with working across global matrix organizations.
· Ability to approach a situation, envision the big picture and set appropriate strategies for effectiveness.
· Excellent organization skills and must be a detail-oriented teammate.
· Presentation skills required. Deep understanding of the effectiveness of different marketing communication vehicles.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with an emphasis on active listening.
· Event management experience is required.
· Ability to work in a team environment and facilitate cross-group collaboration.
· Good organization and budget management skills.
· Ability to collaborate, lead and work under pressure in a dynamic matrix organization.
· Ability to demonstrate awareness of the latest marketing trends (outward focused).
· Excellent organization and project management skills (deadlines, vendor/agency management, budgets).
· Self-motivated and has the ability to motivate and influence others
· Creative, forward-thinking marketer.
· Fluency and language skills in English are needed.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Lead the overall country strategy and plan with regards to communications, events, campaigns, etc.
We hand-pick our favorites and send you the hottest deals every week!