WHO WE ARE
Moko Home + Living is a growing company bursting with innovation, creativity and passion. Our customers dream of a better night's sleep, a welcoming place to host their guests, a fun and safe place for their children to play. But they tell us this isn't easy - they have to settle for low-quality furnishings or break the bank. Join us in building the products, the brand and the network to put quality living within everyone's reach.
Here’s what our team has accomplished in the few years since our founding:
• Grown from a start-up to mid-sized company
• Reached over 100,000 Kenyan homes with our products
• Supported the growth of over 200 small furniture businesses across the country
• Attracted global investment to continue fueling our growth and vision
* Watervale Investments is now doing business as Moko Home + Living. Same great team with a more lovable brand. For those of you who applied to this position before, no worries - your application was still received and will be considered.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
You’ll take the reins of our growing production operation. This is a key management and leadership role which will oversee all critical production functions and advance them to the next level. The Production Manager will also work closely with various teams to ensure timely delivery to our customers.
THE ROLE IN BRIEF
• Work with the supply chain department to forecast and plan for present and future consumption of raw materials to ensure that materials are always available.
• Evaluate production schedules and labour requirements to provide work direction, effectively balance labour resources and provide feedback on planning. Provide justification for additional personnel.
• Develops and maintains production metrics for quality, delivery, and safety, including visual controls and provides regular progress reports
• Maintain favourable working relationships with employees through open communication, visibility, and involvement to promote a positive working environment that maximizes safety, employee engagement, productivity, efficiency and effectiveness
• Continually analyse, identify and set expectations to motivate workers to achieve objectives and goals through providing feedback and recognition
• Manages employee training and required documentation to ensure effective training methods that are in compliance with current procedures and quality standards
• Ensure that goods produced by the production team are always meet the quality standards.
• Monitor product standards at various levels of production and at the point of release so that the cost of rework is reduced.
• Monitor and recommend necessary changes to the layout of plant, machinery and production processes and methods for any new equipment, materials or components.
• Continuously work to improve the cost of products by optimizing raw materials, labour and utilities.
• Review and recommend appropriate measures to control and minimize waste levels.
• Review production practices, methods, processes, equipment and facilities and make proposals for improvements to ensure that they are the most efficient and effective available
• Work on research and development so that we’re constantly up to date and working with the latest technology and using the most efficient manufacturing practices.
Moko invests in building the capacity and skills within our team. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship from the management team. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for those who are ready to take up the challenge.
We’re looking for new team members who are first and foremost eager to learn and grow in their roles and think out of the box. We put less emphasis on formal qualifications and look carefully at candidates’ abilities, experience and character. This is an entry level role and any candidate who feels they can undertake the responsibilities above to a high standard is welcome to apply. Candidates should demonstrate the following in their application materials.
• Strong organizational and record keeping skills, including the ability to develop operational tools in Microsoft Excel
• Strong management and leadership skills, including the ability to relate well with direct reports, customers and colleagues. Candidates with at least 3 years’ management experience managing a team of at least 20 preferable.
• Strong professional references demonstrating professional accomplishment and trustworthiness
• Knowledge of good manufacturing practices and lean manufacturing policies and procedures.
• 3-5 years’ experience working in a manufacturing setting (process, chemical, mechanical)
• Technical background preferable.
Oversee all critical production functions and advance them to the next level.
We hand-pick our favorites and send you the hottest deals every week!