Our client, who is opening operations in Kenya is looking for a Kenya Growth Manager.
Their main focus is to develop and create a learning app for young children in poor areas where it is hard to get the high-quality education that all children deserve.
Main Responsibilities is to manage all our growing operations in Kenya related to sales, operations, customer service, and logistics.
What they do and why
They believe that all children should be given the chance to reach their full intellectual potential. For that, they need a proper foundation early on. It is their mission to help them acquire foundational skills before they start school. Their solution enables them to learn by themselves, without the help of adults, on an app that works globally, even on the cheapest devices.
They are currently testing the app in the toughest conditions they could find: with more than 3,500 children in two of the largest urban informal settlements in Africa, located in Nairobi, Kenya.
● Be responsible for identifying, convincing, on boarding, and engaging new schools and their head teachers to grow our in Kenya with your team in Nairobi.
● Lead a growing team in Nairobi and work directly with our country manager and the management team in Germany that consists of very experienced digital entrepreneurs and experts in the field of Education and Social Studies.
● Be part of our expansion into other African markets (medium term)..
● Work in a result-oriented way to increase the core KPIs of the app like teacher engagement.
Your experience includes
● A university degree in Business, Sales, Marketing, or in a related field
● 5-10 years of work experience, 2+ years managing a team of 5+ people
● Having worked or studied in Sub-Saharan Africa for at least 6 months
(For Kenyans) Having worked or studied abroad in the US or Europe for at least one year
● Preferably professional experience in sales (big plus)
● Preferably professional experience in an international company / NGO (big plus)
● Preferably experience in the field of Education (very welcome but not required)
● A drive to make the world a better place with the help of software.
● Autonomy and excellent self-management skills
● Strong focus on problem solving and getting things done
● Ability and willingness to lead others (leadership experience is a must)
● Strong sales ability
● Empathic and highly receptive to non-verbal communication
● Interest in and adaptivity to other cultures
● Strong interpersonal skills
● A positive and flexible attitude
● Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
● Advanced MS Office or Google Docs skills
They offer● An international team (from 9 countries) with professionals in learning experience design, UX, psychology, systems development & data analysis.
● Passionate colleagues, who support and challenge each other to achieve our great vision.
● Great flexibility regarding working hours, vacations. they focus on results, not time spent in the office.
● An attractive compensation scheme consisting of a competitive salary and company shares.
● Real possibilities to improve what we do and how we do it.
Manage all our growing operations in Kenya related to sales, operations, customer service, and logistics.
We hand-pick our favorites and send you the hottest deals every week!