Kiambu County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions in the Department of Lands, Housing, Physical Planning, Urban Development and Management. This is pursuant to Article 235 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 and Section 63 of the County Government Act, 2012.
DIRECTORATE OF LAND VALUATION AND ASSETS MANAGEMENT
10. DIRECTOR LAND VALUATION AND COUNTY PROPERTY MANAGEMENT, JOB GROUP CPSB 03 - (1 POST)
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible to the Chief Officer for all matters related to land valuation, management of county’s rental housing and other fixed assets, and determination of land values for allocation and acquisition within the County boundaries;
• Responsible for advising stakeholders and clients on all technical matters related to the land valuation and rating, allocations and acquisitions of County property and fixed asset management information within the County;
• Preparation and management of the County valuation roll and the rates register.
• Advice on area rating and all matters related to ratable property.
• Any other works as may be assigned by the Chief Officer.
Requirement for Appointment
For appointment in this post of Land Valuation and Assets Management, the officer must;
• Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Land Valuation and Property Management, from a University recognized in Kenya;
• Have a Master’s Degree in a relevant field from a University recognized in Kenya will be an added advantage;
• Be a member of the Institution of Surveyors of Kenya (MISK); and be registered by the relevant professional body;
• Have worked as a Valuer in public office for a minimum of 8 years;
• Have demonstrated professional competence, administrative ability and integrity as required in the work performance and results;
• Have exhibited a thorough understanding of national goals; policies and objectives and ability to relate them to the survey function;
• Have attended and successfully completed the Senior Management Course (SMC);
• Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya.
How to apply
All applicants should submit their applications together with copies of their detailed curriculum vitae with names, address and telephone contacts of three referees. Academic and professional certificates, testimonials, national identity card or passport and any other supporting documents. Clearly indicate the position applied for both on the cover letter and the envelope. Applications should be addressed to:
County Public Service Board
P O Box 2362 - 00900
Hand delivered applications should be dropped in the specific box provided on the first floor Thika Sub-County offices (at the County Public Service Board offices - Room 103) between 8.00 a.m and 5.00 p.m on weekdays.
Applicants should seek clearance from and attach copies or evidence thereof of the CURRENT (valid in 2018) documents below.
• Kenya Revenue Authority
• Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission
• Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct)
• Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
• Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Applications should reach the County Public Service Board (CPSB) on or before the 20th July, 2018
Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original identity cards, academic and professional certificates, testimonials, clearance and other relevant documents in support of their applications.
• KIAMBU COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
• EMPLOYEES OF THE COUNTY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
• WOMEN, MINORITIES AND PERSONS LIVING WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
• ANY FORM OF CANVASSING SHALL LEAD TO AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION.
• ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the above vacant position.
We hand-pick our favorites and send you the hottest deals every week!