Applications are invited from qualified persons for the above vacant position.
Direct hierarchy: Admin & HR Manager
Contract duration: Six Months
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Starting date: September 2017
Background on ACTED
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context. Their 3,300 staff is committed in to responding to emergencies worldwide, to supporting recovery and rehabilitation, towards sustainable development.
Under the direct supervision of the Admin & HR Manager, in collaboration with the Heads of Departments, he/she will ensure staffing is adequately designed to ensure an effective implementation of projects; He/she will also ensure efficient human resources and administrative management in Kenya/Somalia mission.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Responsible for open, transparent, effective and fast recruitment processes;
· Work closely with departmental heads deliver recruitment needs.
· Design recruitment advertisements for open position in ACTED Kenya/Somalia
· Ensure that recruitment procedures are followed as per ACTED policies.
· Ensure that all open vacancies are opened both internally and externally through the relevant channels; Responsible for updating all staff members on all approved vacancy positions
· Responsible for identifying suitable recruitment channels & selecting the best applicants
· Utilize assessment tools for selection process
· Screen applications for basic compliance with position qualifications, summarize CVS for easier evaluation and interviews by the respective managers.
· Obtain and assess all credentials of the candidates when required
· Ensure there are written tests in place for all ongoing recruitment.
· Schedules interviews, make follow ups and ensure feedback are given to each interviewed candidates
· Actively participate in interviews when required/requested.
· Maintain an active and organized data base of applicants for various positions
· Report weekly and when required to recruitment & staffing management for progress update and further instructions
· Conduct reference checks for all to be hired/successful candidates
· Identify needs for trainings and maintain and training follow-up table;
· Assess internal capacity of in-house training and organize training session accordingly.
· Support to Area finance Officers on HR and Admin matters;
· Perform any other duty as requested by the Admin & HR Manager
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resource, Public Relations or related field.
· 4-6 years’ experience in Recruitment preferably in an INGO with a proven track record of success
· Acquaintance with Kenya employment labour laws, various regulations and statutory law
· Computer Literate - MS Outlook and Excel and basic software application and and familiarity with the internet and email communications
· Excellent communication skills
· Competencies based interviewing experience
· Online recruitment systems experience
· Understanding of skills & Psychometric assessments (An advantage)
· Good understanding of the Somalia context is an advantage
· Strong analytical skills (context, people …)
· Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective work relations at all levels,
· Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision, pro-active and a good team-player.
· Capacity to build a maintain a strong professional network
How to apply:
Qualified persons with the required skills and qualifications are invited to submit their cover letter and curriculum vitae as a single document detailing three work related referees and contacts to be received on or before 5.00pm, 8th September 2017 with the subject line:
APPLICATION FOR SENIOR ADMIN &HR OFFICER_NAIROBI .Please do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED will at no stage of the recruitment process request a candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitment.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.