Applications are invited from qualified persons for the above intern position.
Data processing activities
• Ensure that data collected meets Samuel Hall standards; • Monitor and ensure the quality of data collected; • Cross check data collected in the field and advise field teams on solving eventual discrepancies; • Train field teams on proper data cleaning methods; • Ensure that cleaning standards are implemented on datasets by research teams; • Ensure that all changes in the dataset are properly logged.
Data analysis activities
• Ensure that meaningful statistical analysis and techniques are used to infer results on data collected; • Monitor accuracy and adequacy of results produced; • Develop innovative methodologies and analysis techniques with the research teams
Database/Data Management Activities
• Manage the maintenance of database(s) for the consolidation of all assessment related and GIS data; • Ensure the development of tools and procedures related to databases; • Support the research team in the collection and management of spatial datasets; • Monitor the accuracy of collected data.
Conduct fieldwork in Africa and Central Asia
• Conduct fieldwork in Africa and Central Asia, depending on security and prior decision • Oversee fieldwork planning • Analyse data, transcribe notes, write reports and present at client meetings
Confidentiality and Data Protection
• Maintain the strictest confidentiality of data and processes. • Actively take measures to prevent the unauthorized sharing of information and data.
• Conduct secondary research, literature reviews and key informant interviews • Support the Migration and Displacement Pillar Lead as needed. • Design analytical and conceptual frameworks • Design research methodologies, including sampling methods and tools • Conduct secondary research, literature reviews and key informant interviews • Provide advanced qualitative and quantitative analysis and recommendations in line with policy and academic standards • Cover various topics and themes related to migration and displacement.
How to apply:
Candidates with degrees in the following fields are encouraged to apply: Statistics, Research Methods, Migration studies, Development studies, Social Sciences, etc.
For more information about the job, click on: http://samuelhall.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Vacancy-Announcement-Mi...
NEVER PAY TO HAVE YOUR CV/APPLICATION PUSHED FORWARD. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a scam. If you are requested to make a payment for any reason please report abuse using the button on this page.
24. Aug '16