Applications are invited from qualified persons for the above vacant position.
KENYA FERRY SERVICES LIMITED
Career Opportunities in Marine Transport Industry
ces is a State Corporation, established under the Companies Act (CAP 486) of the Laws of Kenya and operating under the Ministry of Transport, Infrastructure, Housing and Urban Development, mandated with the operation of ferries in the Country. The Company’s headquarters are set along the expansive shores of the beautiful and splendid Indian Ocean overlooking the magnificent view of the channel at Peleleza, Likoni, Mombasa.
To strengthen its workforce, KFSL is seeking to recruit dynamic, highly driven and result oriented individuals for the following positions:
Reporting to the Senior Operations Officer, the Assistant Operations Officer will be responsible for allocating duties to operational staff and oversee smooth running of operations.
• Coordinate movement and availability of ferries as per operational schedule;
• Consolidate traffic sheets and pre-sea checks for records taking and ferry performance;
• Monitor flow of traffic to ensure safe service;
• Ensure operational staff are equipped with necessary working equipment;
• Ensure staff availability as per rota; and
• Ensure staff perform their duties as assigned.
Required qualifications and experience
• A minimum of Diploma in in Social Science/Management or any other related field from a recognized institution;
• Possession of Bachelors degree in Social Science/ Management will be an added advantage;
• Possession of Standard Training for Certification and Watch keeping (STCW);
• Possession of Sea fares (ITF) will be an added advantage;
• Three (3) years relevant working experience preferably in marine transport industry; and
• Demonstrable ability to write, analyze and communicate complex reports.
Applications, accompanied by a detailed CV containing academic qualifications, professional qualifications, work experience, current and expected remuneration, e-mail addresses, day telephone contacts as well as copies of relevant certificates, testimonials, national identification card, are invited from persons qualified for the positions described above. The applicants should also provide names, telephone numbers and contact addresses of at least three professional referees who are knowledgeable about their competence and area of specialization. The applicants should request their professional referees to submit their references directly to the undersigned.
Applications and professional referees’ confidential reports on the applicant’s suitability for the position should be sent to the undersigned to be received on or before 8th September, 2017;
The Managing Director,
Kenya Ferry Services Limited,
Page 10 of 10
Gaza Road, Off Mwinyi Babu Road - Peleleza
P.O. Box 96242 - 80110,
The reference number and title of the position applied for MUST be clearly indicated on the ENVELOPE.
Kenya Ferry Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equity within the organization. Applicants comprising persons living with disabilities (PWDs), those from marginalized areas and women are encouraged to apply.
TERMS OF SERVICE AND REMUNERATION
All the above positions are challenging and offer attractive and competitive remuneration packages which include basic salary, house allowance, medical cover, leave travel allowance and other benefits in accordance with the Kenya Government Public Service guidelines.
Applications without relevant qualifications, copies of documentation/ details as sought for will not be considered. Any form of Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
“Kenya Ferry Services Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer.