1. Splice various types and sizes of fiber optic cable including single mode and multi mode.
2. Analyze and troubleshoot basic technical problems or issues
3. Perform daily tests, checks and maintenance of splicing and testing equipment.
4. Perform optical continuity and conformance testing.
5. Makes splicing rearrangements on existing facilities in buried, underground, aerial and building work locations.
6. Review, interpret and work with various maps, drawings and blueprints and testing documents
7. Installation and dressing of fiber optic cables (vertical/horizontal).
8. Preparing detailed reports of field splicing activity.
9. Maintain fiber asset inventory and splicing records.
10. Work with engineers and/or OSP PM’s to perform fusion splicing as directed.
11. Perform any other duty as assigned.
This position will be responsible for the terminating, splicing, documenting and testing all fibre optic lines for both new constructions and repairs.
We hand-pick our favorites and send you the hottest deals every week!