Ready to change the way content is generated and shared in Kenya? Join one of the fastest growing sites in Kenya. With over 3.8 million monthly readers, your work is certain to be seen! Hivisasa is looking for a leader to guide our team that will create a product our readers and writers will enjoy and that we will love developing!
Start: Immediately Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Compensation: Competitive Duration: Open ended, full time
Current Stack: Express Node.js, Java 8, Elasticsearch, SQL, Spring framework (Spring-boot, Spring data, Spring security, Spring XD), Redis, Angular
Requirements: • 10+ years experience in software development
• 3+ years leading technical projects and teams
• Fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills
You are: • Passionate building and running high performing teams
• Highly independent and opinionated about how and what to work on
• Ready to tackle challenges end to end and learn new skills
• Passionate about establishing good design processes and care about the implementation
• Experienced in managing teams following Agile principles and a process that fits the given team
• You enter conversations with strong opinions, weakly held
You will: You’ll be the leader of the Hivisasa tech team. The perfect blend of project manager, architect, QA, and developer, you’ll work with the CTO to ensure tech runs smooth at Hivisasa. You will be a key decision maker when it comes to tech and architecture decisions. You will be responsible for estimating and keeping to project timelines following Agile principles.
Nice to have experience: • Heroku, ElasticSearch, Continuous Integration, Angular, Linux, Redis, Opera Mini, Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics, Kibana, Facebook Ads, Facebook APIs
• Ad networks (Google Ads, Monetize More, Taboola)
• News media or blog sites and related challenges such as time sensitive SEO
• Experience working on sites with millions of pageviews per day, load testing, scaling
We are: Tech at Hivisasa is a very small team. We expect you to take an active role in architecting solutions and evolving the tech team culture / best practices. We already have a product with > 3 million uniques per month, 100,000’s of page views per day. This is a great testbed on which to iterate new features. You will have the opportunity to make a direct impact across the organization and our user base immediately!
What is Hivisasa: Hivisasa is a place for African audiences to create, discover and share content. We are driven by our mission to elevate local and national debates by informing readers, providing a rewarding discussion platform, and decentralising the flow of information. Media is very controlled in this part of the world and the internet offers a chance for people with different voices to come together and get heard.
How to Apply Email email@example.com
Hivisasa is looking for a leader to guide our team that will create a product our readers and writers will enjoy and that we will love developing!
We hand-pick our favorites and send you the hottest deals every week!