Reports to: General Manager, Operations
Responsible for (Direct reports): Engineer
Responsibilities (Functions and duties):
· Assist in ensuring that all operational engineering network systems are running and functioning well and are up-to date.
· Formulate network management standards and policies
· Assist in overseeing technical projects in alignment with organizational goals and direct the effective delivery of networks, development, and disaster recovery systems and processes.
· Assist in Developing action plans and oversee the implementation of network & operational standards
· Assist in handling the strategy and execution of Network infrastructure for the organization.
· Configure and maintain the core network equipment.
· Assist in Identifying, troubleshooting and resolving problems in the performance of the network for clients and internal users.
· Troubleshooting and solving network problems.
· Provide technical support to end-users regarding supplied hardware and software.
· Install, test, certify and troubleshoot networking cabling systems.
· Commissioning client premises equipment.
· Providing technical expertise to end-users regarding optimal set-up for software, hardware and network use.
· Installing, configure, monitor and troubleshoot a wide range of network and data communications software and hardware.
· Assist in supervising contractors in the implementation of the networks.
· Analyze computer- and network-related problems reported by end-users and Diagnose the most effective method to resolve the problem and implements the solution;
· Assist in Maintaining and troubleshooting the FON Local Area Network (LAN), Wide Area Network (WAN), data communications and all peripheral equipment
· Configuring and installing software and equipment in response to the demands of a complex network design.
· Train end-users on the use and features of the various operating systems and applications on the various platforms.
· Perform primary network system administration on network equipment as needed.
· Ensure that the direct reports use established tracking system to log requests; monitor progress, track problem resolution and give report to the GM, Operations
· Assist in Identifying patterns of failure, researches bug fixes and implements solutions; communicates with the supervisor regarding unresolved problems.
· Assist in enforcing the organisation’s network security and installation procedures.
· Assist in the training of all staff in the Regional offices on the Network systems.
· Assist in ensuring compliance of regulatory issues
· Assist in preparing operational and risk reports for management analysis.
· Accountable for information security, assess the risk of confidential information being misused, create safeguards and maintain the information security program through regular testing.
· Liaising with other departments to ensure optimum performance of the network
· Any other duties as required by the Head of Engineering
Performance Measures and Targets:
· Ensuring update reports in clear and simple manner.
· Assist in ensuring timely preparation of annual departmental financial and technical performance reports.
· Ensuring transparency in all Engineering & Operating systems
· Systematic resolution of faults and client issues. This is measured by the turnaround time and accurate reporting
· Good rapport with the 3rd party suppliers
· Good relation with the clients
· Good working relation and co-operation with staff members
· Good rand regular reporting.
· Ticket generation and closing
· 5 years of experience as a Principle Engineer in a busy telecommunications organisation
Academic: Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunications or Electronic Engineering
Professional: Registration with Professional Engineers (ARB)
Specialist knowledge required:
· Knowledge of various Engineering Operating software
· Knowledge of Programming and well versed with current IT solutions
· Knowledge of Hardware and software systems
· Knowledge of Networks, network administration and Installation
· Knowledge of standard desktop application
· Communication and interpersonal skills
· Attention to details and accuracy
· Planning and Organising skills
· Analytical skills
· Knowledge of industry changes in regards to issues affecting engineering
· Ability to maintain confidential information
Establishes engineering network status by developing and implementing systems for collecting, analyzing, verifying, and reporting information.
We hand-pick our favorites and send you the hottest deals every week!