Applications are invited from qualified persons for the above vacant position.
Consumer Business Unit
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Brand Marketing and Communications department within the Commercial Business Unit. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Brief Description Reporting to the Head of Department;Brand Marketing and Communications, This position is responsible for defining, developing and delivering Safaricom’s Media & Digital Strategies.
· Accountability for the strategic plan, management and execution of all traditional & digital company marketing initiatives;
· Hands-on management of digital activities, including CPC & CPA / Retargeting, Paid Social, Mobile & Affiliates;
· Running of effective brand and performance marketing campaigns to both B2B & B2C audiences;
· Effective communication with peers across the Business and contribution to the overall business growth strategy;
· Act as the lead in all media negotiations on behalf of Safaricom;
· Keeping team members and Business abreast of media developments
· Preparation of annual communication archetypes / Communication / Digital strategic plan for the Business;
· Translation and application of consumer insights and business into communication objectives;
· Management of annual budgets for both traditional and digital media buys;
· Conceptualization, development and roll out of new thinking for media opportunities;
· Define the picture of Success for all media touch points and provide periodical updates for performance against the outlined critical factors;
· Drive media and digital agencies to meet defined matrices linked to overall company objectives;
· Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly reports for key media activity;
· Managing the briefing process, day-to-day evaluation, co-ordination and control of support agencies in delivering strategic campaigns;
· Develop a cohesive team to help deliver the overall business objectives, growth and transfer of skills and guidance to team members and
· Effectively monitor and control the Media & Digital budgets.
· Minimum 7-10 years marketing expertise across multiple disciplines, ideally in consumer electronics, consumer apps, software or similar categories;
· Undergraduate degree; MBA in marketing an added advantage;
· Proven ability to strategize and execute, harnessing the power of the team for breakthrough impact and results;
· Comfortable sifting through data for meaning; able to weave a story from data to inform strategies and decisions;
· Experience with marketing automation systems a big plus;
· Strong experience in Strategy, planning, and buying of digital, electronic, print and OOH media;
· Have excellent attention to detail and demonstrate a target-driven approach with the ability to work to tight deadlines;
· Excellent communication skills and organization leadership;
· High standards for work and impeccable attention to detail;
· Proven experience leading large, complex projects with executive business acumen;
· Comfort dealing with ambiguity;
· Constantly sees the big picture, thinks about the present and the future; explores and presents possibilities;
· Excellent sense of design, color and aesthetic and
· Keeps finger on the pulse of design and technology
How To Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, kindly proceed to update your candidate profile on the recruitment portal and then Click on the apply button. Remember to attach your resume.