Applications are invited from qualified persons for the above vacant position.
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners, people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
CRS has worked in Kenya since 1965. Over the years, CRS’ focus shifted from direct relief and food distributions to a comprehensive development program that works with partners and enhances local capacity. CRS Kenya programs now support children affected by HIV, and community-based efforts to increase household incomes, improve family health and sanitation, and enhance agriculture livelihoods.
CRS is implementing a 5 year orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) program, MWENDO, which seeks to empower local and county-level OVC stakeholders to strengthen the formal and informal HIV and child protection systems and services and the linkages between them, including cross-sectoral service referrals and coordination to ensure quality service delivery for OVC and their House Holds.
You will provide service in the day-to-day delivery of responsive, effective and efficient administrative activities in support of the Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) mission to serve the poor and vulnerable. You will provide consistent and high-quality service and contribute to the proper stewardship of resources to help ensure operational effectiveness in support of high-quality programming.
· Manage the front office, direct all visitors and adhere to front office security and safety procedures.
· Facilitate communication with all units of the organization and external stakeholders as relevant. Send/receive and distribute all incoming and outgoing mail/ faxes/ letters/ documents. Maintain a logical catalogue of the organization’s filing system.
· Provide specialized administrative transactions and processes (e.g. translate, type, proofread, and/or format documents; record and transcribe meeting minutes; draft simple correspondence messages).
· Prepare transactional documents in support of general operations processes and support coordination of transaction processing (e.g. office utilities, payment requests, travel authorizations, travel advances, visas, etc.).
· Compile data, perform data entry and data verification in relation to general administration processes (e.g. various contact lists, employee leave balances, staff attendance reports, Vehicle Log Sheets review, visitors' welcome packages, etc.).
· Support travel and logistics arrangements for staff and visitors. Schedule and coordinate appointments. Provide logistical and communication support to event planning activities.
· Support implementation of property management processes, such as property receipt and distribution, property labeling, physical counts, etc.
TYPICAL BACKGROUND, EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS:
Education and Experience
· Minimum Diploma in Business Administration, Office Management or related field required. Degree in Business Administration or related field and Certification in Project Management will be an added advantage.
· 3 years’ experience working in an office environment in a clerical or administrative role. Experience in front office management with a local or international NGO a plus.
· Additional education may substitute for some experience.
· Experience with typing/word processing, data entry into online databases and forms, and working with various office equipment. Experience in PABX system is an added advantage.
· Experience in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio) and information management systems. Proficient in Word.
· Ability to learn and adopt new systems and software quickly
· Good time management skills with ability to work on multiple tasks
· Strong customer service orientation with good communication and interpersonal skills
· Good writing skills. Good organizational and analytical skills with attention to detail..
· Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented REQUIRED/DESIRED FOREIGN LANGUAGE:
20% out of duty station
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
Internal: All Staff
External: Callers, Partners, Visitors, Vendors
AGENCY-WIDE COMPETENCIES (FOR ALL CRS STAFF):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
· Trusting Relationships
· Professional Growth
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
How to apply:
Written applications indicating the reference number of position applied for and CV including day-time contact phone numbers, as well as names and contact information of three references should reach the below-mentioned by Close of Business Thursday, July 27, 2017.
Human Resources Manager
Catholic Relief Services – Kenya Program
E-mail : Crskenyaemail@example.com
Note: Catholic Relief Services (CRS) does not charge any fees from applicants for any recruitment. Further, CRS has not retained any agent in connection with this recruitment
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Equal Opportunity Employer