Ultrasun vacuum Tube solar hot water systems are the most efficient water heating systems available. Solar energy is captured in the vacuum sealed glass tube, quickly heating the water in the glass tube. The heated water rises to the top of the pipe and collects in the tank. Even in colder months, evacuated tube systems work very efficiently, minimising reliance on gas or electric boosting. Vacuum glass tubes provide superior daily heat output due to the cylindrical absorber shape always being perpendicular to the sun (Positive Sun Tracking) and insulation properties of the vacuum in the evacuated tube allow up to 97% of the heat from the sun to be retained. The large surface area of the vacuum and high water turbulence within the internal chamber provide rapid transfer of heat to the water flowing through the top manifold. The sealed evacuated tubes and tri-oxide coating provide maximum solar gain even in the coldest areas and during cloudy or overcast days. Compared to the traditional Flat Plate Solar Hot Water Systems, the Ultasun Vacuum Solar Hot Water Systems have the following advantages.
• Capture sunlight more effectively as they have a greater surface area exposed to the sun at any time
• More efficient in transferring heat
• Durable and if a tube should be broken, it can be easily and cheaply replaced
• Provide excellent performance in overcast conditions
• Require a smaller roof area than comparable flat plate collectors
• Do not have the same level of corrosion problems as flat plate collectors
We hand-pick our favorites and send you the hottest deals every week!