Our client’s hotel aims to attract an entirely different kind of customer base and compete against both global and regional competitors at giving refined comfort and timeless elegance. As such, they have positioned themselves differently with a focus on local business people and residents – young and upwardly mobile group whose attributes include; open-mindedness, entrepreneurial, social and fun loving. They are looking for F & B Supervisor to work in Meru.
· Manage and oversee the efficient operation of shifts in the restaurant and the bar.
· Ensure that the hotel operates efficiently and profitably while maintaining its reputation and character.
· Ensure high standard of service and cleanliness in the restaurant, bar, conference rooms and kitchen are maintained
· Coordinates a variety of activities within the restaurant and bar operations.
· Takes responsibility for the business performance of the restaurant, as well as maintaining high standards of food, service and health and safety.
· Efficiently administer and action the daily customer report lists, staff rotas and other paper work that is required to ensure accurate reports are accessible.
· Actively be involved in restaurant staff related issues and handle them in a professional manner.
· Prepare reports at the end of the shift/week, including staff control, food control and sales control and analysis.
· Maintain and demonstrate strong knowledge of food and beverage trends within the hospitality industry.
· Coordinate the entire operation of the restaurant during scheduled shifts.
· Manage staff and provide them with feedback.
· Ensure that all guests are welcomed at the door and seated quickly in a courteous, polite and helpful manner
· Respond to customer complaints in the absence of the F&B Manager.
· Meet and greet customers, organize table reservations and advise customers on menu and drinks choice.
· Understand the opening and closing of tables, preparing of bills for cash and credit payment, moving tables and splitting tables.
· Supervise bar stock levels.
· Diploma in Hotel Management / F&B Service from a reputable institution.
· At least 2 -3 years of experience in a busy restaurant with high-end service standards.
· Ability to perform training and coaching of restaurant staff on regular basis.
· Great communication skills – Ability to deal with customer complaints.
· Ability to create a team spirit among his colleagues.
· Computer literacy.
· Good presentation skills.
· Attention to details.
Monthly Gross Salary: Kshs. 35,000 (Approx. 350 USD).
Position Level: Junior Level.
Location: Meru, Kenya.
Deadline: 20th August 2018
Applications: To apply,submit your application by 20th AUGUST
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***
Manage and oversee the efficient operation of shifts in the restaurant and the bar.
We hand-pick our favorites and send you the hottest deals every week!