Responsible for operating and maintaining complicated machinery. Work in dedicated capacity specializing in a single machine or class of machines. Their work is to ensure that the quality and quantity of manufactured goods conforms to the company’s standards. These individuals need to be technically savvy as they perform many machine adjustment and maintenance tasks in a day.
Education and Experience
• A secondary school certificate
• Completion of a recognized apprenticeship and possession of certification in production, Mechanical or automobile Engineering
• 4 to five years experience as a production or industrial machine operator, preferably in plastic industry
• Candidates must be able to meet physical demands of lifting and manoeuvring heavy objects.
• Candidates must have the ability to work any shift and be willing to work in arotational shift pattern.
• Strong candidates will have initiative, effectively work as part of a team with minimal supervision and must have good communication skills.
• Holders of Government Trade Test (GTT) training or equivalent will have an added advantage.
• Working knowledge of diverse high-speed machinery and measurement tools(caliper, micrometer etc.)
• Understanding of production procedures
• Adherence to health and safety regulations (e.g. constant use of protective gear)
• Ability to read blueprints, schematics and manuals
• Analytical skills
• Attention to detail
• Teamwork and communication skills
• Physical stamina and strength
Our Client is looking for an experienced production or industrial machine operator, preferably in plastic industry to work in Nairobi.
We hand-pick our favorites and send you the hottest deals every week!