DEPARTMENT OF ROADS, TRANSPORT, ENERGY& PUBLIC WORKS
UGC/CPSB/DRE/01 – DIRECTOR/ENERGY - JG ‘R’ ONE (1) POST
Duties and Responsibilities
• Implementation of County specific policies on electrical energy, renewable energy, geothermal exploration and development.
• Collection of data/statistics necessary for energy projects designs, e.g. river flow data could be provided at County level;
• Supervision, monitoring and evaluation of Rural Electrification Projects;
• Supervision of generation of hydropower, thermal, nuclear, wind, solar within the County;
• Generation: small hydropower, small geothermal, thermal less than 3MW as IPPs;
• Undertake feasibility studies for County based projects;
• Undertake County specific feasibility studies for projects less than 3MW;
• Monitoring and evaluation of Renewable Energy projects, particularly those being undertaken by Ministry of Energy SAGAs and consultants;
• Undertaking energy audits in public buildings, industry, commercial buildings and institution.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Petroleum Geoscience from a recognized institution
• Strategic Leadership course from a recognized institution
• Registration with the Engineering Registration board (ERB) of Kenya and cooperate member of institution of Engineers.
• A work experience of at least 7 years at management level.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution
Terms of Service: Permanent & Pensionable
Detailed descriptions of the vacancies can be found on the website through the following link: https://jobs.uasingishu.go.ke
Applicants are required to make their applications online on https://jobs.uasingishu.go.keby filling the job application form. Only duly filled applications forms will be considered for short listing.
Applications will close on Tuesday 25th January 2019.
The Uasin Gishu County Public Service Board wishes to inform members of the public and applicants to visit the Uasin Gishu County jobs portal: http://jobs.uasingishu.go.ke for the list of shortlisted candidates and dates of interview for the following positions:-
1. County Director – Devolution and Administration
2. Deputy Director- Human Resource Management
3. Assistant Director – Administrative Services
4. Board Members – Eldoret Municipality Board
5. Municipal Manager
All candidates are required to carry their original Certificates & Testimonials, National Identity Card and valid clearances from: KRA, CID, CRB, HELB and EACC.
1. Uasin Gishu County is an equal opportunity employer: Women, Youth, Persons with Disabilities and the Marginalized are encouraged to apply.
2. Uasin Gishu County Public Service Board does not solicit for payments or recruit staff through agents/agencies. Any person purporting to undertake the recruitment exercise for a fee and/or on behalf of the County Public Service Board is a fraudster.
COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
The Uasin Gishu County Public Service Board wishes to invite applications from qualified and competent persons for the above position.
We hand-pick our favorites and send you the hottest deals every week!