• Lead & drive the development of the tracking division in line.
• Work with the senior management team to assess and evaluate technical needs.
• Manage all projects within agreed upon budgets, timelines and standards. Including project management of small, medium and large consultancy, design & engineering projects. Prioritise activities and progress according to resources (time and money) and operational realities.
• Develop forecasts and technical budgets and control the spending on OPEX and CAPEX.
• Participate in procurement by providing sales/technical support to the tendering and selection process.
• Work with the management team in the development of the Company’s overall security strategy.
• Responsible for the production of strategic tracking & engineering deliverables, drawings, documentation, reports, and presentation materials.
• Maintain ownership of deliverables, Concept Design Reports & Drawings, Scheme Design Reports & Drawings, Network Topology Design & Drawings, Detailed Design Reports & Drawings, Engineering Calculations.
• Work with the Commercial team & support in business development activities by identifying new leads and opportunities.
• Represent the Company during consultations with client representatives, government agencies & industry associates connected to specific projects.
• Enforce compliance to set laws, regulations and customer requirements governing business operations.
• Produce tracking division reports and ensure that internal and external stakeholders are appropriately kept abreast of tracking developments.
• Commission & undertake vehicle security risk assessments & present findings of work to team members and clients.
• Information gathering & tracking research relating to project specific design solutions.
• Keep abreast & maintain technology security awareness.
• Manage staff capacity & skill levels within the tracking department to meet current and planned outputs.
• Provide mentorship and guidance on developing the capabilities and competencies of the Tracking Team.
• Achieve planned projects within the set budgets and resources.
• Tracking operations efficiency and cost reduction in accordance to the set parameter.
• Tracking and operational excellence by managing quality, cost effective, time driven projects delivery.
• Ensure operations consider safety, health and environment compliance.
• Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, design, IT, electronics or related field.
• Must have professional qualifications in design technology, engineering, security and risk management or any related field.
• Must have a minimum of 10 years of tracking experience in the same industry.
• Specialist knowledge vehicle tracking locking systems, MDVR systems.
• Must have experience of large scale and tracking environments such as fleet management and driver management.
• Advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, MS Project, PowerPoint and Visio.
• In-depth knowledge of the latest electronic tracking systems.
• Ability to understand and apply and author project documentation, including Tracking Standards, Manufacturers Product Specifications, Customer Requirement Documents, Design, Quality & Performance, Specifications, Safety, Reliability & Regulatory Standards, Operations and Maintenance Manuals and Protocols.
Monthly Gross Salary: Kshs. 400,000 – 500,000 (Approx. 4,000 – 5,000 USD) depending on skills and experience.
Career Level: Executive Level.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
Deadline: 30th September 2020.
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***
Our client, a global leading provider of Security Solutions with operation across sub-Saharan Africa, is looking to recruit a Deputy Head of Technical. The successful candidate will provide leadership and management of the Tracking Division which is responsible for the full life cycle of all technology products and services. These include consultancy, design, installation, commissioning, testing, hand over and operations, sales and maintenance, which may be delivered independently or as part of an integrated security solution for one or more clients throughout the country. He/she will also be responsible for the management of any outsourced consultants and contractors.
We hand-pick our favorites and send you the hottest deals every week!